Technical Ducato 2.3 jtd 2007 code help

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 2.3 jtd 2007 code help

cusiphil

I have a 2007 Ducato lwb 2.3 jtd it developed a fault in January 2011 and I'm still trying to sort it
The orange engine light came on but the van drove ok but I had booked it in for diagnostics. 2 days later it stopped and would not start again. I had a look at the ecu as there was no cover over the plug wires, and the position that it is parked, water flows over the ecu when it rains. After taking the top wires out, it was full of water and a pin had snapped in the connectors. The ecu was repaired by the ecu doctor and tested. I removed the broken pin and refitted the ecu. But it still failed to start. I was advised to check the wiring under the pass headlight, and after a few hours fond a wire broken in a connector, this was repaired, but still wouldn't start. Fault code came up as u1701. Then randomly the van started, but later stopped again. It has randomly done this on several occasions, and has even broken down on the way to mot. There is no 'same' cure, just mostly when it feels like. I've fitted a new crank sensor but still no change, also the orange vehicle lock light illuminates when it doesn't start, and doesn't when it does, anybody have ANY idea where to start, I've uploaded a picture of the fault screen ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1376589510.190325.jpg

Back