Technical Ducato 1994 motor version and AC

Currently reading:
Technical Ducato 1994 motor version and AC

Papcina

Hi there,

I've got a question regarding the 1994 model... I've bought an used 4x4 Ducato for a cheap price (pictures will come here at the end of this week I hope) and I thought it had the original FIAT diesel motor inside... in fact, there was a gasoline engine which got swapped with a diesel one, 2.5 Diesel from 1995 Citroen Jumper (if the guy remembers correctly).... everything works fine, but I'd like to hear from you what original diesel engines were available to fit inside that model of Ducato so I can try to get a spare one for the future, just in case this one gets stuck?

And, was there air conditioning available for that specific model of Ducato in 1994, or can it be installed aftermarket?

Thanks a lot for help!

Hi there,

I've got a question regarding the 1994 model... I've bought an used 4x4 Ducato for a cheap price (pictures will come here at the end of this week I hope) and I thought it had the original FIAT diesel motor inside... in fact, there was a gasoline engine which got swapped with a diesel one, 2.5 Diesel from 1995 Citroen Jumper (if the guy remembers correctly).... everything works fine, but I'd like to hear from you what original diesel engines were available to fit inside that model of Ducato so I can try to get a spare one for the future, just in case this one gets stuck?

And, was there air conditioning available for that specific model of Ducato in 1994, or can it be installed aftermarket?

Thanks a lot for help!
Don't know about the aircon, but according to my autodata from 1994-02 Ducato four cylinder single overhead cam engines --8140.67 (2499cc 85Hp),8140.47R (2499cc110Hp),8140.47 (2499 116Hp) From knowledge of Iveco Daily's in the past a 1996 35.8 model was 3.5 tonne and 80 Hp indirect injection 2499cc non turbo 8140 series. If they have the same physical bell housing mounts etc. I would go for the Ducato Maxi van 1997-02 8140.43 (2800cc 122Hp) It was Direct Injection turbo intercooled Pre ECU, EGR etc adjustable Bosch Pump and Turbo simple and strong, I put one in a boat in place of a 150Hp V6 petrol and nearly matched the original performance, but less than half the fuel consumption. They were made by Italian company SOFIM. One last word I assume your engine is transverse mounted on a slant,so go for Ducato rather than Iveco which is mounted front to rear and upright.

Back