Technical ducato 150 2012 fault no power and engine code p0238

Currently reading:
Technical ducato 150 2012 fault no power and engine code p0238

firepete999

hi I'm having issues with no power and van going into limp mode and error code p0238 it happened once last year but i cleared the fault and was ok for last to long journeys at end of 2022. the van has been sorn over winter but now fault has come up and i cant clear it .
i have just changed the map boost pressure sensor for a new one and removed the inlet manifold and cleaned everything up.
but on first drive it lacked power and then engine light came up and was worse again .
i have removed the boost solenoid and suspect this might now be the problem as i cant hear it clicking if i put 12v on it .and i put a vacuum pump on one side and it did not release suction when 12v was applied . [does this look like it could be the issue ?] would this bring up a p0238 code .
i checked the voltage on the map sensor unplugged and got 0v 0n pin 1. 4,6v on pin 2 .5v on pin 3 .and 5.7v on pin 4. if i plug it in the pin 4 drops to about 2.6v so I'm quessing it is probaby ok .i want to check wiring from the sensor to the ecu but cant work out how the plugs come out the ecu .
any help most appreciated .

hi I'm having issues with no power and van going into limp mode and error code p0238 it happened once last year but i cleared the fault and was ok for last to long journeys at end of 2022. the van has been sorn over winter but now fault has come up and i cant clear it .
i have just changed the map boost pressure sensor for a new one and removed the inlet manifold and cleaned everything up.
but on first drive it lacked power and then engine light came up and was worse again .
i have removed the boost solenoid and suspect this might now be the problem as i cant hear it clicking if i put 12v on it .and i put a vacuum pump on one side and it did not release suction when 12v was applied . [does this look like it could be the issue ?] would this bring up a p0238 code .
i checked the voltage on the map sensor unplugged and got 0v 0n pin 1. 4,6v on pin 2 .5v on pin 3 .and 5.7v on pin 4. if i plug it in the pin 4 drops to about 2.6v so I'm quessing it is probaby ok .i want to check wiring from the sensor to the ecu but cant work out how the plugs come out the ecu .
any help most appreciated .
I have a similar issue with a 2010 Doblo Maxi 1.6 multijet P0238 delete code and van runs but with a little black smoke , once warm and you boot it it goes into limp mode and no smoke, I vacuum tested all the functions and tried a MAF sensor as readings seemed strange. On my earlier 1.9 JTD Doblo as you increased revs the readings progressively went up from 1. something up to around 2.5 if I recall when working correctly. That one had come to me with masses of black smoke and a new sensor didn't fix it, but fault I traced to the wiring socket at the sensor, it had done 200K miles by then so I felt it was probably entitled to feel it's age.
I am coming to the opinion on later vehicles a twin channel oscilloscope and a bit more knowledge may be required due to measuring can bus signals etc. On mine I am thinking it may have a connection withe the EGR operation as it seems to have to reach normal temperature before issue becomes apparent. I have fitted a turbo cartridge as old one was filling the intercooler with engine oil, I believe EGR blockages can promote early turbo failure. Not conclusive but apart from the P0238 code I sometimes get a Can Bus error.
As I have two other vehicles on the road at 70 I have decided it can wait until warmer weather ;).
Re the ECU on some you have to release a clip which then allows the lever to be pulled that releases each of the two plugs in turn, when refitting you have to engage the same way.

mines only done 60k after taking off the inlet manifold i was surprised to find it not to bad .but pressure sensor was pretty dirty and the throttle body butterfly .so i changed the sensor and cleaned the throttle body .air pipework was dry so hope turbo is ok .
been testing the boost solenoid and it has a resistance of 16ohm but if i supply 12v i cant hear it working and i think its jammed in the closed position.
so that's my next point of call to replace. fingers crossed. i believe this would stop the turbo from working?.
the ecu plug i have googled and like you say should come out once clips are released . but mine were mega stiff and did not want to false incase i broke them.

mines only done 60k after taking off the inlet manifold i was surprised to find it not to bad .but pressure sensor was pretty dirty and the throttle body butterfly .so i changed the sensor and cleaned the throttle body .air pipework was dry so hope turbo is ok .
been testing the boost solenoid and it has a resistance of 16ohm but if i supply 12v i cant hear it working and i think its jammed in the closed position.
so that's my next point of call to replace. fingers crossed. i believe this would stop the turbo from working?.
the ecu plug i have googled and like you say should come out once clips are released . but mine were mega stiff and did not want to false incase i broke them.
all now sorted .stripped down the valve and it was stuck . cleaned it up and rebuilt and drives fine again .no codes and power back.
just need to order a new replacement now for reliability.

Back