Technical Dualogic Gearbox Robot issues

Currently reading:
Technical Dualogic Gearbox Robot issues

Rbarth13

Hi all, First findings only, car is still under investigations... When I took it to the garage, situation actually got worse, pressing 1 or R would not do anything at all (previously, it would still show 1 or R on the screen but the car would not move or drive). The screen shows "N" and eventually an error message came up saying "gearbox unavailable" (I am located in Qld AUSTRALIA .. I have spent over $7600 so far replacing the clutch , pressure plate , dual mass flywheel,electric clutch slave cylinder,selector switch , brake sensor and turbo intake pipe, The car continues to not select gears and can’t be driven. Now being told it points to faulty engagement switch on actuator!!!!
CAN ANYONE SHARE SOME INFORMATION I’m literally devastated that it’s taken 11mths and a lot of money without a car. I would really appreciate helpful advise by anyone as I saw a post from 2018 with same issue but thread is now closed.

Attachments

• 10630005-765F-4AD0-B535-6258C60AAFF2.jpeg
    10630005-765F-4AD0-B535-6258C60AAFF2.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 372
  • E1E01474-7D5E-4805-B771-8447B3322699.jpeg
    E1E01474-7D5E-4805-B771-8447B3322699.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 118
We also recently had our clutch done, on our Abarth 500C with the robot box. Mostly (not all) the same parts replaced you list, old clutch disc turned out to be very worn. It was basically well fitted, but there are a couple of reset/adjust routines that have to be run after it's re-assembled. Our mechanic had done the basic clutch re-adjust routine, but this left the car bunny-hopping on take-off in first. Using MES, I ran the new clutch reset routine and the shift was then as smooth as silk.

So, I guess my questions/advice are to ask:
- if you have an experienced Fiat/Abarth mechanic/shop working on your car (there are not a lot in our part of the world)
- what trouble codes is the ECU throwing up
- have they run the various clutch adjust/reset routines post-install.

From what you describe I cannot be sure that the issue I had will be the same as yours (too little information, and TBH limited personal experience) but the above would be my starting questions.

If you end up needing a new actuator (I hope not, but as per a lot of threads on this forum, not unknown) I would suggest you investigate purchasing it from someone like shop4parts in the UK. Even with shipping and GST, it'll still be significantly cheaper than sourcing locally (I'm in Melbourne). Just be VERY sure you identify the correct unit - work with whichever supplier you choose to confirm (supply your VIN). We didn't need to do this (touching wood that situation and our luck holds...) but it would have been our next step.

Good luck!

Hi all, First findings only, car is still under investigations... When I took it to the garage, situation actually got worse, pressing 1 or R would not do anything at all (previously, it would still show 1 or R on the screen but the car would not move or drive). The screen shows "N" and eventually an error message came up saying "gearbox unavailable" (I am located in Qld AUSTRALIA .. I have spent over $7600 so far replacing the clutch , pressure plate , dual mass flywheel,electric clutch slave cylinder,selector switch , brake sensor and turbo intake pipe, The car continues to not select gears and can’t be driven. Now being told it points to faulty engagement switch on actuator!!!!
CAN ANYONE SHARE SOME INFORMATION I’m literally devastated that it’s taken 11mths and a lot of money without a car. I would really appreciate helpful advise by anyone as I saw a post from 2018 with same issue but thread is now closed.

Hi did you fix it

Back