General Dualogic Fuse Blown

Currently reading:
General Dualogic Fuse Blown

jhowe60

Got a 2010 Punto Evo semi automatic with 98k on the clock. Not had a problem with it until a couple of weeks ago my wife tried to move off in 1st gear and it failed, leaving her stranded.
The RAC came out and towed it to our local garage, but with it being a Fiat couldn't help us with it. They replaced the fuse 30amp, with a 40amp one and it started to work again, with the hydraulic pump running when the door was opened. The 1st gear was selected and it moved off, but then the dashboard message about the transmission came up again, then it blew the 40amp fuse.
I have read a lot of the posts regarding the problems but no one mentions that their fuses have blown, just the dashboard warnings.
Any ideas why the fuses keep blowing or even whats wrong with it.

It's worth very little in it's condition at the moment, but if i get it fixed for a few hundred quid, might be worth a lot more, big dilemma

Have seen similar on a Panda, it was the hydraulic motor failing internally. In that particular case the motor problem was caused by a failed accumulator, which caused the pump motor to run almost constantly, killing it. (Not sure if the Dualogic units are identical, but if not they share a lot of DNA)
Sadly, I've also seen the same fault "diagnosed" as many other things, usually resulting in large bills or scrapped cars.
Can't guarantee that's the cause, strongly advise against using higher rate fuse as wiring is not indestructible.
Motors are sometimes easy to get hold of, last one I bought was about £90. Part is used on some Alfas (156?) and will need the end swapping with your old one. Unfortunately they also used the same part on Ferraris, and some suppliers charge £300+ for the same part.
Accumulators also usually available, similar price.
Neither are hard to fit.
Otherwise, you may be able to find a complete working unit in a scrapped car - again, a fairly easy swap. Just don't get one that leaks.

Have seen similar on a Panda, it was the hydraulic motor failing internally. In that particular case the motor problem was caused by a failed accumulator, which caused the pump motor to run almost constantly, killing it. (Not sure if the Dualogic units are identical, but if not they share a lot of DNA)
Sadly, I've also seen the same fault "diagnosed" as many other things, usually resulting in large bills or scrapped cars.
Can't guarantee that's the cause, strongly advise against using higher rate fuse as wiring is not indestructible.
Motors are sometimes easy to get hold of, last one I bought was about £90. Part is used on some Alfas (156?) and will need the end swapping with your old one. Unfortunately they also used the same part on Ferraris, and some suppliers charge £300+ for the same part.
Neither are hard to fit.
Otherwise, you may be able to find a complete working unit in a scrapped car - again, a fairly easy swap. Just don't get one that leaks.
That would be first guess falling pump
Likely cause by some other fault making it work hard

Neither are hard to fit.
Thanks for that, I will start my search. Cheers

Back