General Dual logic stuck on neutral

Currently reading:
General Dual logic stuck on neutral

Hi FF, got a call from my mother earlier who had broken down up the road.

When I got too it the engine was off, started it and it wouldn't go into any gear.. Apparently it just started revving as she was driving along so sounds like it put itself into neutral for some reason.

I've had a look on here but can't find any decent answers or real good info.

It does register your trying to put it into gear because it puts that annoying buzzer on after a short while, but that's all that happens.

I've had it connected to FES and it shows no errors but I don't really trust it as FES has never really impressed me.

Cheers!

Hi FF, got a call from my mother earlier who had broken down up the road.

When I got too it the engine was off, started it and it wouldn't go into any gear.. Apparently it just started revving as she was driving along so sounds like it put itself into neutral for some reason.

I've had a look on here but can't find any decent answers or real good info.

It does register your trying to put it into gear because it puts that annoying buzzer on after a short while, but that's all that happens.

I've had it connected to FES and it shows no errors but I don't really trust it as FES has never really impressed me.

Cheers!

Clutch ??

I can see a lot of these being written off due to these gearboxes being uneconomical to repair in a few years.

If the thrust bearing wears into the pressure plate it might still grip when trying to change gear , not allowing gears to go in, when it goes in, maybe clutch worn and slips. Just a thought.

Does the pump make a noise when you open the drivers door?

Ok, brake light switch works? It will not go into gear unless it registers your foot on the brake.

Pressure side then. Have you tested the gearbox actuators?

The only forum that knows a lot are the alfa forum. Look up alfa selespeed, its a similar box , the pushrod can be adjusted on theres but not ours. It could be pressure/actuator issue if it does not select a gear ?. In FES does it show above 40 bar or above in the gearbox pressure section after the pump has primed the gearbox after the doors opened. If yes and when the engine runs and you engage first or reverse you should hear the gearbox select the gear. If it does then it is a clutch issue. The week spot on this and on manual gearboxs is drivers holding the clutch down for long periods. It knackers the fingers in the pressure plate. In the dualogic this happens when u sit at the lights and a gear is selected.

Thanks again for the top advice!

I found another thread and discovered how to check the oil, I don't have a spammer to remove the sphere thing, I did reconnect the gearbox ecu and battery to try it incase it was a loose connection.. It wasn't :(

I did notice the primer when I opened the door stayed on for a much longer time than what I remember previously.

Does anyone know what oil these gearboxes take? I'm assuming manual type stuff since its essentially a manual? Info is lacking online :(

Type dualogic supplement in yahoo and it will bring up the fiat dualogic handbook supplement amongst others. The oil is Tutela car cs speed special oil with atf dextron additive. It only takes 0.7 litres of it for the hydrolic system. You will have to go to yr fiat dealer for it. The gearbox itself just takes 75w50.

Last edited:
Back