Technical Dual Logic Questions

Currently reading:
Technical Dual Logic Questions

I've just brought a Dual-Logic Eleganza. Just after some information on the gearboxes.

A) has anyone a diagram/pic's of the wiring going to the Box and its electrical connectors and what said wires do?

B) is it true they don't have a 'Park' function and stay in the gear the engine is turned off in :confused:

Anyone got any tips on them? Ta. Jon.

When stoping just leave the dualogic in gear (Any gear) and switch of. Good idea to apply the hand break though.

To start the car press the foot break and tirn the key the car will start and will engage neutral itself. (Allthough it does not move the gear leaver)

Then to move of in auto press to foot break and either move the leaver forward to + to go forward, or to R for reverse or into N to leave the car in neutral.

Much simpler than it sounds.

hope you like the Panda dualogic we realy like ours.

When stoping just leave the dualogic in gear (Any gear) and switch of. Good idea to apply the hand break though.

To start the car press the foot break and tirn the key the car will start and will engage neutral itself. (Allthough it does not move the gear leaver)

hope you like the Panda dualogic we realy like ours.

Unless they've altered the latest models ?, you have to put it in N before you turn the key with foot on brake to start or it will just bleep so to the OP you must do that with 2004 model

When you stop you can only possibly be in 1st or reverse gear, not possible to stop in any other
because the box will drop to gear one below about 8mph so leave it in gear & switch off engine, put it in N to start

Last edited:
Unless they've altered the latest models ?, you have to put it in N before you turn the key with foot on brake to start or it will just bleep so to the OP you must do that with 2004 model

When you stop you can only possibly be in 1st or reverse gear, not possible to stop in any other
because the box will drop to gear one below about 8mph so leave it in gear & switch off engine, put it in N to start

you can start the car even if it is not in N.
The brake switch releases the gear and puts to Nuetral, you do need to repeat the operation though and go to neutral then 1st before the car will operate

Start-up (with the system selecting neutral by itself as a safety feature) relies on the hydraulic system being at the correct operating pressure. If the pump doesn't prime when the driver's door is opened, then that's the first place to look for starting/gear selection faults.

you can start the car even if it is not in N.
The brake switch releases the gear and puts to Nuetral, you do need to repeat the operation though and go to neutral then 1st before the car will operate

But you do not need to move the lever to Neutral you can go straight into 1st or reverse after the car has selected Neutral itself.

But you do not need to move the lever to Neutral you can go straight into 1st or reverse after the car has selected Neutral itself.

That's weird, mine must be different then because if I start in the gear it was last in when I stopped I get a flashing N symbol & the bleeper going until I put it in N & then it stops, it's always done this since new 2007

Mine would be the same as Izzy's. The manual suggests leaving it in 1st gear and pull up the hand brake. The next morning, when you want to start, turn the key half way, press the brake pedal and change to Neutral or the key will not continue with ignition. Like Izzy, mine will beep and display N on the dashboard and so one gotta change the gear lever.

To solve this "extra" work in the mornings for me, I just leave it in N when I park and voila, next morning, no problems with starting. :)

Mine would be the same as Izzy's. The manual suggests leaving it in 1st gear and pull up the hand brake. The next morning, when you want to start, turn the key half way, press the brake pedal and change to Neutral or the key will not continue with ignition. Like Izzy, mine will beep and display N on the dashboard and so one gotta change the gear lever.

To solve this "extra" work in the mornings for me, I just leave it in N when I park and voila, next morning, no problems with starting. :)

Try what I suggest (I must have read it in the Dualogic handbook)

1. The car should be left in gear- so just apply the handbrake and switch the engine of.
2. When you start next time just press the break pedal and turn the key.
The car will then bleep and display N on the dashboard ( The gearrbox has selected N, but in mine at least you do not need to move the gear lever to neutral, just move the lever forward to + , 1 will now show on the dash. You are now ready to move off.

I was doing as you do, untill I read the instruction manual a few times.

The instruction manual states that the car should not be parked in Neutral!

I've just brought a Dual-Logic Eleganza. Just after some information on the gearboxes.

A) has anyone a diagram/pic's of the wiring going to the Box and its electrical connectors and what said wires do?

B) is it true they don't have a 'Park' function and stay in the gear the engine is turned off in :confused:

Anyone got any tips on them? Ta. Jon.

Had mine 2 years of faultless operation. Compares well with the many other auto/semi auto boxes I've had. The hydraulic rather than electronic clutch actuation makes it much easier to manouvere than my A-class with effectively the same system. E-mode can be a little disconcerting as it dumps you out of the torque band with very early upshifts.

Enjoy it!

The instruction manual states that the car should not be parked in Neutral!

I think ultrageek is refering to switching the engine off & then putting the lever to N ready for next time which is what I do sometimes but if you don't it makes the car harder to steal as they frantically try to start the car :devil:

There does seem to be different versions by the sound of it but with my method there are no beeps & beeping with the dualogic means a warning of error so make of it what you will.

Dual Logic Hydraulic Actuating System

Hi all.

Panda has arrived with said gearbox problems. Sorted the electrical side of it and it now recognises that its stuck in 2nd gear. Also got the pump working (just loose connections).

The gearbox is stuck in 2nd gear though. I believe this to be because there is probably no fluid left in the hydraulic system (only holds 0.7L) due to a leak that I found.

I've sorted the leak and am due to get the relevent fluid but need to know where it goes into the system. Anyone have any Pics/Diagrams etc to help aid me at all?

Many Thanks.

Jon.

EDIT: Discovered a rather battered looking 'Selespeed' resivour in the boot (the advantage of not throwing anything away).

Will need a new resivour so will get one ordered at the dealership.

Last edited:
Re: Dual Logic Hydraulic Actuating System

Hi all.

Panda has arrived with said gearbox problems. Sorted the electrical side of it and it now recognises that its stuck in 2nd gear. Also got the pump working (just loose connections).

The gearbox is stuck in 2nd gear though. I believe this to be because there is probably no fluid left in the hydraulic system (only holds 0.7L) due to a leak that I found.

I've sorted the leak and am due to get the relevent fluid but need to know where it goes into the system. Anyone have any Pics/Diagrams etc to help aid me at all?

Many Thanks.

Jon.

Dear Jon ,it seems same problem all around with panda users.
same problem is that ı facing also.I am really pissed off this car.
Fix cost over then car price.I was also looking for the fluid plague that must be somwhere nearby the engine.Only I saw one place and no idea was it correct one or false

Dear Jon ,it seems same problem all around with panda users.

Its not the same with all Panda's, only a very few, and in the case of mine it had been involved in a front end collission which was the cause of the issues and has been fine since I have repaired it, so it can hardly be included within the same group as other dualogic issue people have had.

With regards to the CS Speed fluid reservoir, this is on the front of the gearbox under the splash guard on the front if it. You'll need to remove this to gain access to the reservoir (y)

With regards to the CS Speed fluid reservoir, this is on the front of the gearbox under the splash guard on the front if it. You'll need to remove this to gain access to the reservoir (y)
Yes, a lot of Alfa Selespeeds suffered because people (including post service main dealer valets) thought the Selespeed reservior was the screen-wash... with obvious expensive results later on...! So moving the reservoir out of the way was a sensible move, it also means everything is close together in one unit, so the Panda doesn't have the long flexible Selespeed pipes from the pump to the actuator.

so the Panda doesn't have the long flexible Selespeed pipes from the pump to the actuator.

Oh but it does, although it's not as long as the older units like you say :p

I never knew idiots were filling them with screen wash though :eek:

TBH it's a pain where it is on the Panda's, can't check the level, or change the fluid without removing all the surrounding covers, It's although easily damaged in relativly minor colissions (n)

Back