Styling DRL Upgrades

Currently reading:
Styling DRL Upgrades

ItalianWines

Sorry if this has been covered before.....
I would appreciate some advice / recommendations on what bulb upgrade to purchase to replace the standard (yellow'y) DRL bulbs.
Obviously have seen loads (and loads) on EBAY, hence my reason for preferring to get some advice from you guys ! :)
Something like these??....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190819947027?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

OR These...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160948412066?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Many thanks for your help and advice. (y)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I got Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs for DRL/high beam. Made a big difference.

I have used the Polarg M13 in my 500's and they are good.
Very white light.
But beware they don't last very long if you have them on all the time.
I think my last set lasted around 8 months with them on all the time.

I have also ordered a set of Simoni Racing Extreme Rocket Festoon Bulbs
for the number plate lights.
I have not received them yet. But they have good reviews on the Abarth forums

Last edited:
LED globes with a T20 base simply do not exist in a brighter than stock configuration. 220 Lumen will work, but it's not as bright as stock. UFI has had the high usage globes replaced with LED (including DRL - 220lm), and at some point I plan on revisiting the DRL's, by then drop in replacements of around 400lm might exist, or I'll custom make a solution. There are some very bright arrays out there that are plug and play for low beam and fogs.

Some LED globes will give a canbus error too if you don't use a load resister or canbus globe.

Last edited:
bgunn.... [USER=133786]The Twins jrkitching...
Your thoughts would be of interest :)
Cheers.
Ryan

Have the standard ones in my car, I have factory fit HID lights, so the lighting is perfectly adequate. If I flash the headlights during the day without the HIDs on, the halogen light in the DRL housing is used, but it's bright enough.

When they blow I might change them for something shinier..

I'm flattered, but I'm really the wrong person to ask on this one - I run with the DRL's turned off.

YOU DO WHAT????!!!!!!!!!

angry-mob1-475x198.png

:devil:

Last edited:
Just had the front tyres replaced on the A500 and while the wheels were off I got the mechanic to replace my Main Beams to Philips Extreme Vision to compliment the dipped beams, of the same brand, and also replace the Drl's with PIAA's

Done at my local authorised service agent, who has the correct lifting gear, so no danger of a buckled underside. No charge for fitting the bulbs I had taken along.

Pic's taken with iPhone so not as good as I wanted them to be. Pic 2 shows the whiter light of the Drl's

Attachments

• IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0005.JPG
    IMG_0005.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
no fog lights? I thought all Abarths 500's had them.

Those extreme vision bulbs are really make a difference to high beam throw.
No fog lights = better airflow to brakes. Cool.

From what I remember (which isn't always a lot) Abarth made some changes in 2012 for a short time, dropping privacy glass, interscope and fogs and adding reversing sensors and dipping rear view mirror instead.

Please, someone correct me if they are aware of anything else to keep this accurate. (y)

From what I remember (which isn't always a lot) Abarth made some changes in 2012 for a short time, dropping privacy glass, interscope and fogs and adding reversing sensors and dipping rear view mirror instead.

Please, someone correct me if they are aware of anything else to keep this accurate. (y)

There was a bit of a swap around in 2012, the a500c got reversing sensors, dipping mirror and fog lights. And lost hids and interscope.

Not necessarily, when the new mods came out during 2012, they added some things and took some things away, in my case I did not get fog lights but got reverse sensors & auto dipping rear view mirror. They also stopped doing the painted callipers. Mine was in the showroom on display so I took it as it was.

Last edited:
Back