Driving "days"

Currently reading:
Driving "days"

yup your talking stupid amounts of money for minutes of driving

Alex, there is, I did a quick search and about £250 will get you an experience in a few different cars.

*hannah* has done a ferrari one of these and loved it, maybe she can give better opinions than rrocketman and myself!

i did say about the multi car one on the first page, but not sure if you`d class the cars as any good. plus 20 mins to drive four cars (n)

The Negotiator said:
Alex, there is, I did a quick search and about £250 will get you an experience in a few different cars.

*hannah* has done a ferrari one of these and loved it, maybe she can give better opinions than rrocketman and myself!

cool...

I had a flying lesson from my partner and it was MUCH better than the "rally day"
She booked it direct with the local airfield in Shobdon, Herefordshire. I got to fly, hands on all the way from take off to landing, for 42 mins. Long enough to fly over my place and take the photo's...see my picture gallery for the evidence.
Cost?....About £70
Highly recommended!!!!!

Thanks for all the comments and links, your stars. still a little unsure but i`ll figure something out :)

I got one of these driving experiences for my 21st, booked through motorsportvision i think, its part of the brands hatch group. I had the option of rallying, single seaters, off-road or caterhams, of which i chose the caterham at Oulton Park circuit.

Although the session was shortish, about 2hrs overall including briefings and other drivers laps, it was a brilliant experience. although im glad i didnt have to pay for it!

we got about 4-5 laps of a short handling course, plus four laps of the circuit and then two laps with the instructor driving. The instructors were very friendly, (and fast!) and i would definitely recommend it.

a friend of my did the single seaters, but said they weren't that good as they are limited to 90mph, I overtook a few of these on my go!!:slayer:

I did the Oulton Park one in an Audi TT and single seater. I really enjoyed it.

I also went on a Military Vehicle driving day up in the hills near Junction 23 M62. You get to drive six vehicles ranging from a snow-cat to an Abbott self-propelled gun. Great fun getting covered in mud and drinking tea whilst waiting your turn.

I think both days were about £150 - £175.

Just come back from a very special driving experience in Italy, had a full day from 9 am to 5.30 pm driving Alfas on a race track, and skid control, emergency braking techniques, impact control, etc etc. Wow was it good or what. I have done cheap track days and they just dont compare. I also did the rally school at Brands a few years back and that was well expensive for the time in the car.I also got taken round Brands in their "hot laps" car, overtaking three Nigel Mansell Racing School BMWs on the grass at 100mph was great fun.

I went on a ferrari track day at goodwood last summer as a birthday present.

However we were a little late (lol...) so i had to somewhat drive a bit faster to get there (anyone telling me off gets banned :p) - ie over the 100 mark (this is relevant later on)

So i get there, wait my turn then start off - well first thing I do is nearly crash it due to being on the otherside of the car (it was a left hand drive) and I was lining myself up with the center of the road, when of course you have to line yourself up to the lefthand side ... lol... so i took out all the cones and almost a steward pulling out of the pit lane... haha...

Anyway, back to my earlier point - i wasn't allowed to put the car past 90mph :eek: - and i had to really fight with the instructor to let me get up to any decent speed at all (including no overtaking :()

So my point was, I had more fun driving down there than actually in the ferrari (2 laps) - if you like the idea of being able to rev off a fast car, then i dont think they are the experience for you - if however just the idea of driving one floats your boat.....

I could have done a skidpan course instead, which looked like it would have been much more fun (y)

Did a Ginetta G20 'experience' at Croft. Fantastic little cars. Encouraged to go faster and harder each lap. Over 100mph 4 inches off the ground feels like 200! The noise and feel was overwhelming. I was on track the day after the BTCC, so I had a good idea of the circuit in my head. They had porsche, ferrari, mini's and the ginettas. Only wish there was more track time.

Back