Technical Drivers side window has mind of it's own!

Currently reading:
Technical Drivers side window has mind of it's own!

jonathan3

Wanted to post this a while ago, just did not get around to it!
My drivers side electric window has a mind of it's own, you press the switch to operate the window down, no problems! Press it to go up hits the top and goes almost all the way down leaving a third of the window up?
To close my window quickly, I have to just interrupt it going right up and stagger it up to the top, most annoying!

Thoughts please!
banghead.gif

Last edited:
I had this issue try cleaning the gap the window goes into there's a sensor that pushes it back down if it detects something is there. It worked for me.

Any idea where on the door the window sensor is located? Been cleaning with a wipe around the seal with no avail! I'll keep trying!

No idea I just gave it a quick wipe in the upper door ALOT and it started working. That might not be your issue it just worked for me there was a built up of dust stopping it from hitting the top so the car thought there was something blocking the window so it's designed to go back down.

Check the rubbers around window each too. I had an issue with my Megane for weeks similar to this, it ws just a bit of the rubber that had come away slightly stopping the window going all the way up.

It's called anti-pinch. Stops you breaking your fingers if accidentally catching them in the window. If it senses there's something in the way it will automatically open them again.

It definitely sounds like you have something catching. Get a nice torch or use the led light on your phone to really take a good look. Check rubbers, blockages etc.

Do you have wind deflectors fitted?

Try a tip that fiat gave me..

Hold the switch up so the window goes to the top and hold it there for 3 seconds then down and hold for a few seconds and then hold to the top again.. then try it..

My window did the same thing yesterday when i was on a slop leaving the garage

Thanks guys! Will try all of this! Just hope it's not a deep internal door problem! I'll get back!
smile.gif

The window with a mind of it's own is behaving it's self, once again!
biggrin.gif
Thanks!
biggrin.gif

Back