Technical drivers seatbelt

Currently reading:
Technical drivers seatbelt

Mar4ix

My '96 punto mk1, 55s drivers seatbelt keep jamming. found some threads, but at the end didn't got clue , is it possible fix jammed seatbelt, or it have to be changed, also - are they interchangeable between mk1 and mk2 or other fiat/alfa cars?

thanks

I think they are None Pre-tensioners in the mk2 if you dont have seat airbags
Dunno about mk1

Basically take the trim off - if you see any wiring or tiny explosives - then simply disconnect the battery - watch your favorite program with a cuppa and return once sysmte has chance to discharge

But im pretty sure its a spring that gets ""slack"" and as a result it recoils super slow or never recoils - thats mine all over :(

Ziggy

I think they are None Pre-tensioners in the mk2 if you dont have seat airbags
Dunno about mk1

Basically take the trim off - if you see any wiring or tiny explosives - then simply disconnect the battery - watch your favorite program with a cuppa and return once sysmte has chance to discharge

But im pretty sure its a spring that gets ""slack"" and as a result it recoils super slow or never recoils - thats mine all over :(

Ziggy

no the mk1 dont have pre tensioners

sometimes belts drag on the fittings they go through so occasionaly i use silicone to help them slide in
its an mot failure from january if it doesnt retract properly when disconnected

Back