Technical drivers seat

Currently reading:
Technical drivers seat

scourslane

hi

someone was getting out of my rear of car (3dr), but fell onto seat as getting out.

folded seat back down, and it wont move back and forward.

any ideas?

i looked at the passenger and the mechanisms all doing the same, what else could it be?

would it be jarred/jammed as one side gone futher forward than other?

will i need to remove seat? how do i do that?

There are four bolts securing the seat, two at each side on the runners. I think they are Torx heads though. I've had problems before with these mechanisms. One time I found that a bit had gotten bent (I had both seats out and upside-down to compare). Another time, the back release mechanism wasn't working. This was controlled by a wire that ran from the lever down to the mechanism. The wire had snapped at the end.

Maybe your seat had just gone a bit too far and jammed. Have you tried lifting the release lever and giving it a good old tug? You're not likely to damage anything (other than taking skin off your knuckles if it goes all of a sudden!).

red.

Allen key hex heads, not torx but they are in TIGHT! Allen key and a metal pipe over it to release.

Make sure the pipe is fully over the allen key. Replaced all my interior lately and twisted the allen key! Wasn't good!

Must try and sort my seat out actually, the back rest moves on one side back n forth a bit :( Really bad back after a bit

There are four bolts securing the seat, two at each side on the runners. I think they are Torx heads though. I've had problems before with these mechanisms. One time I found that a bit had gotten bent (I had both seats out and upside-down to compare). Another time, the back release mechanism wasn't working. This was controlled by a wire that ran from the lever down to the mechanism. The wire had snapped at the end.

Maybe your seat had just gone a bit too far and jammed. Have you tried lifting the release lever and giving it a good old tug? You're not likely to damage anything (other than taking skin off your knuckles if it goes all of a sudden!).

red.
yes tried giving it force, infact 4 of us, we managed to get it all way bk, now we cant get it anywere.

i seen 4 bolts, but they are just normal bolts not allan key types? 2 at the back and 2 at front, require sockets to get em out

Back