Technical Drivers Footrest Pedal

Currently reading:
Technical Drivers Footrest Pedal

SimonP

Why is the driver's Footrest(dead) pedal so high?:confused: You end up with you left leg bent awkwardly.. Has anyone tried to trim the height of it and then replace the pedal on top?? Is this possible?

I genuinely think it's because Italians have long arms and short legs....possibly more suitable for women in general as well.

If you look you'll see the whole lot is molded to the side wall.

At 6 foot tall I would love to know how to do something about this too....

Have to say I thought the same but got used to it, better to have than not to have IMO. (6' 2")

Why is the driver's Footrest(dead) pedal so high?:confused: You end up with you left leg bent awkwardly.. Has anyone tried to trim the height of it and then replace the pedal on top?? Is this possible?

How tall are you?

I'm 5' 8" and it seems fine..

being 5'10" i can get the gist of what your saying.
however, i actually like having my left leg hunched up as it were.
just my driving style!

Frankly I'd just as soon remove mine if I knew how.

But a cursory inspection seems to indicate that the foot rest is somehow part of the central console moulding.

Is this true?

Edit: PS I'm 6'3" but with 'normal' 31" legs but still find it a bit of an awkward position to keep my left leg in!

Ermmmm the Italians wont have the foot rest.....they drive on the wrong side of the road remember.

lucky me!!!! at under 5' 6", with short legs, this is not an issue to me!!! I always used to miss this when i had my MK2.5, so it is a nice thing for me to have there.

(Doctor told me i may grown one day... been waiting 12 years now!!!! lying git:mad: )

How tall are you?

I'm 5' 8" and it seems fine..

I'm 5' 7" and with way I have the seat and steering wheel positioned the footrest is set way to high. I have had many previous vehicles with footrests and none of them are set as high as the Punto.:(
There must be a way of cutting some of the trim off under the pedal? I'm thinking that it must be held on top of the trim with either screws or bolts? If this is the case, then it seems to me it wouldn't be to difficult a task to cut some of the time off under the pedal and then replace the pedal. But not having had time to view it properly yet, I'm not sure??

Just done 800miles in GP with foot happily resting on footrest (I find it very handy) so I suggest some of you adjust your seat height & steering wheel aswell to find suitable/comftable position.

Just done 800miles in GP with foot happily resting on footrest (I find it very handy) so I suggest some of you adjust your seat height & steering wheel aswell to find suitable/comftable position.

800 miles non-stop with no gear changes ? WOW :eek: :D

Back