General drivers door won't open!!!

Currently reading:
General drivers door won't open!!!

bigeyun

Can anyone help me!! After a very cold nite I unlocked the car , using the remote, door was a bit frozen so a bit of a pull was required, started the car and then relocked the car using the spare key, so far so good! I then unlocked the car , again using the key lock, and realised that the external handle wouldn't open the door? So I climbed in via the passenger door and found the interior handle wouldn't open the door either.............any ideas????

snap.. im having the same problems at the moment.. thank-god for the windows being able to open from the remote.. lol (y)

My drivers door was frozen open today!!!! :eek: got in the car and the door wouldn't shut.

got out the car and the door handle was stuck open, so pushed it back in and all was fine :)
Same today on my JTD.

I looked a bit silly crawling out the passenger side when all I had to do was lower the window and push the handle back in place :eek:

A lube job tomorrow I think :chin:

Yeah, it's the actual lock mechanism itself. FIAT actually do one for "North Europe" (Option 810) that replaces all locks with ones for scandanavia, and it has a lower temperature grease to stop it ceasing (and before you ask why the UK doesn't get it, the same grease melts away at our summer temperatures!).

Back