General drivers door locked shut

Currently reading:
General drivers door locked shut

postmansteve

hi need some help cant get drivers door opened will lock and unlock but wont open tried from outside and inside all other doors and electrics work fine

Hmm, take the door cards off and see about checking the arms over?

took door panel off as much as could cant see wire from out side handle but wire from inside handle to lock seems ok and not jammed ????????????? help please

Hmm sorry mate, can't help much, all i can advise is take the door panel completely off! Its the best way to check this sort of problem out!

Try pull on the wire/rod to see if its tight? (Ghetto i know, i'm in no position to advise right now,) but i will try and help!

Will look through manual tommorow for ya to see whats in there!
Migs

My apologies postmansteve - I thought you were locked out off your car and you couldn't get in. I have a problem on my passenger door where I cann't open it on the outside but I can on the inside. A guy who worked for me used to 'hang out' of the handle and over a couple of months it stopped worked. I would be very interested in MrMigs08 (y) pics for fixing your door - it might come in handy for me.

Here you guys go!
Go easy, Marea is complex next to the cars i've worked with before o_O
My micra has 2 screws! this guy is pounding the record for being fixed to the door!

The door cards should be fairly easy to get off, then you can poke around from here!
Is it a film cover behind the card? If you ever get rattling in the doors, this can be why!

mareadoor.jpg

Small note: I do not own the image above, all copyright goes toward fiatauto!

Tool 18780blah blah blah = something to pry with i believe :p (I used to take cards off with my fingers so... :'))
Enjoy the image fellas!

Last edited:
thanks mate will have try at weekend it pain climbing in passenger door. tryin figure out where it could be jammed?

It'l be related to the rod connecting the handle to the door release,

See the 4th picture, that long bar is normally the rod i think.

Sounds to me like the door catch mechanism has broken. The same happened to me and i had to buy a good spare from the scrappy. The only problem was i could not get the door card off my car because the door was locked shut and could not get at the screws around the edge of the door to remove it. Luck was on my side and i found a door card the same as mine (also at scrappy) so this meant i could rip a hole in mine to access the catch mechanism. Bit brutal i know but when new door catch fitted i then fitted my spare door card. hope this helps.

Whaaat, comon ><

Is it central locking (God i dont even have my marea yet hahaha!)

Check connections?
Rust/Corrosion!

ANYTHING

Can you lock and unlock the door moving the arms??

Back