Technical Driver side electric window

Currently reading:
Technical Driver side electric window

jeffridj

The driver side window of my daughters Bravo (2008 1.4) stopped working. If I upplug fuse 48 and plug it back in I can then close the window but not open it again. If the window is closed and I pull and replace fuse 48 I can then open the window but if stopped by moving switch up or allowing the window to fully open the window will not go up or down. So, if I reset the window using fuse 48 I can command the window to go up or down using the switch but as soon as the window hits the bottom or the top stop it no longer works at all. The remote wont close the window and the long click does not auto close the window. I've tried resetting the end point as described elsewhere in the forum and disconnected the battery (same effect as removing fuse 48). Passenger side is fine.
Anyone got any ideas?

All fixed now. It was the electronic module that is between the plug and the motor on the window regulator. I took the one out of the passenger side and put in the driver side and all is well (with the driver side). Have now ordered a used unit off ebay as you can't buy the electronic unit on its own. Although it is a bit of a fiddle, you can actually change the module without removing the window regulator.

All fixed now. It was the electronic module that is between the plug and the motor on the window regulator. I took the one out of the passenger side and put in the driver side and all is well (with the driver side). Have now ordered a used unit off ebay as you can't buy the electronic unit on its own. Although it is a bit of a fiddle, you can actually change the module without removing the window regulator.

Would it be possible to upload some pics of this part when it arrives please? I'd be interested to know what it looks like and how it changes over for future reference :)

I've noticed my passenger window stops half way up and then goes back down, I wonder if its the same thing?

OK, images of the faulty electronic module attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20130711_092637.jpg
    IMG_20130711_092637.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_20130711_092659.jpg
    IMG_20130711_092659.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_20130711_092716.jpg
    IMG_20130711_092716.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 136
I've noticed my passenger window stops half way up and then goes back down, I wonder if its the same thing?

That sounds more like the window is a bit sticky and the safety mechanism is cutting in. Try putting some silicon spray on the window runners.

could you take last photo again. It's not sharap as first one.

Back