General Driver seat leaking?

Currently reading:
General Driver seat leaking?

diablo_NL

As you all know you can adjust the drivers seat in height. But when I pump it up to sit like in the middle after a few days/week I'm sitting on the ground again. So it looks like there is a leak. Does anybody know if this system works with air or hydrolics?

Are there more people experiencing the same problem?

diablo_NL said:
As you all know you can adjust the drivers seat in height. But when I pump it up to sit like in the middle after a few days/week I'm sitting on the ground again. So it looks like there is a leak. Does anybody know if this system works with air or hydrolics?

Are there more people experiencing the same problem?
Same problem here, i think it's a ratchet, but it has no locking mechanism, i'm going to mention it to my dealer.

Thanks guys but are you sure it's a ratchet because I don't hear any mechanical sound when I put it higher or lower.

EDIT: Did some research and it indeed seems to be a rachet. I'm curious if it is a problem everybody has on the GP.

Last edited:
This problem occurs on my Dad's Skoda Fabia. Every time he gets out of the car he pushes the lever down a little bit with his leg as he turns on the seat.

You know you're doing it on the Fabia as it makes a ratchety sound, but the operation of the lever on the Fiat is silent, so you may not realise it is is happening.

Have a look to see if this is the same thing.

Alex

AlexGP said:
This problem occurs on my Dad's Skoda Fabia. Every time he gets out of the car he pushes the lever down a little bit with his leg as he turns on the seat.

You know you're doing it on the Fabia as it makes a ratchety sound, but the operation of the lever on the Fiat is silent, so you may not realise it is is happening.

Have a look to see if this is the same thing.

Alex

I will keep an eye on it and see if it's that. Thanks Alex.;)

That happens to me on my Fabia
icon11.gif
I just set it to the bottom now.

Back