General Drive Shaft

Currently reading:
General Drive Shaft

ballistix

Hey all,

have a Bravo Tjet 150 which I had to drop into the garage because of a rocking in the steering and loss power. Originally the dealer told me I needed a new set of brake discs and pads which would cost €460. I took the car back and brought it to two independant mechanics who told me there was nothing wrong with my brakes but that the drive shaft was gone ie loose and leaking everywhere. Brought it back to the dealer and demanded to know why they wanted to charge me nearly €500 for something that wasnt wrong, to which they had no answer. Then I told them about the drive shaft and they said I had been doing rolling burnouts from the lights and that it would not be covered under warranty because it was my own fault. Now i am not a slow driver but I do a lot of motorway and long journey driving so I dont see how this could happen considering I have never even attempted a rolling burnout in a car. I have told the garage that I will not be taking the car back until it has been repaired at no cost to me. Otherwise I will be looking for a replacement or a refund. Any thoughts?

P.s. Looks like Fiat will screw you given the opportunity!

Last edited:
Hey all,

have a Bravo Tjet 150 which I had to drop into the garage because of a rocking in the steering and loss power. Originally the dealer told me I needed a new set of brake discs and pads which would cost €460. I took the car back and brought it to two independant mechanics who told me there was nothing wrong with my brakes but that the drive shaft was gone ie loose and leaking everywhere. Brought it back to the dealer and demanded to know why they wanted to charge me nearly €500 for something that wasnt wrong, to which they had no answer. Then I told them about the drive shaft and they said I had been doing rolling burnouts from the lights and that it would not be covered under warranty because it was my own fault. Now i am not a slow driver but I do a lot of motorway and long journey driving so I dont see how this could happen considering I have never even attempted a rolling burnout in a car. I have told the garage that I will not be taking the car back until it has been repaired at no cost to me. Otherwise I will be looking for a replacement or a refund. Any thoughts?

P.s. Looks like Fiat will screw you given the opportunity!

Sounds like a very doddy dealer, they might change your drive shaft and claims it back from Fiat, while the car is there, they wanted to change something you don't actually need and charge you for it, well is there another Fiat dealer near you?

Whats funny is, you can't even do burnouts in a FWD car!!

You should have slapped them. Sounds like the WORST dealership ever!

Hey

They sound like a real stupid dealer, but personally i would get straight on the phone to fiat customer services and rant and rave about the level of service that you have received or the lack of that is and also about the false charges they wanted to sting you with etc etc etc.

Also surely they being the dealer must have some supporting evidence to prove without a shadow of doubt that you did " rolling burnout's " they are not allowed to throw acusations like that around without having solid proof!!!!!

Lay it on thick to fiat customer services!

I would have expected the dealer to change it under warranty but also giving you notice that if fiat check the claim/part and find it is negligence that they would then pass the charges on to you.... at which point you agree to have the work done.........

Sorry for the poor speeeeeellinggg

Last edited:
Update is.... they fixed one drive shaft but not the other, they said if they did both at the same time it wouldnt be covered under warranty. Now the other one is getting worse.

Back