Technical Drip from Steering Box

Currently reading:
Technical Drip from Steering Box

Hi all Last year I had my steering box overhauled amongst a lot of other things, I noticed a slight drip appearing from somewhere round the box, in reality I should take the car back to who rebuilt the box but as its about 40miles away I would rather try & stop it myself if possible. Would anyone know if there is a common place where the fluid normally drips from? I know its a very random question but thought I would ask prior to jacking her up. Barry

Hi all Last year I had my steering box overhauled amongst a lot of other things, I noticed a slight drip appearing from somewhere round the box, in reality I should take the car back to who rebuilt the box but as its about 40miles away I would rather try & stop it myself if possible. Would anyone know if there is a common place where the fluid normally drips from? I know its a very random question but thought I would ask prior to jacking her up. Barry
Et tu Brute?

The box has two oil seals.....steering column in and drop-arm out; both would require you to remove it from the car in order to replace.
There is a gasket under the flat plate; you might be able to tighten its securing screws.
It's obvious, but I would clean the box of all external oil and then monitor. You will get an idea of the seriousness of the leak and exactly where it is.

Back