General Drilling holes in Airbox

Currently reading:
General Drilling holes in Airbox

Gravesie_363

Hi!

I have a Mk2 Punto... 1242cc 8v, and to be quite honest, it sounds like a bag of Sh!t! I took my airbox off completely and placed a pair of tights over the hole to act as a filter, it sounded a hell of a lot better...deeper and more tuned, but then it leaves the pipe uncovered....i have now put my airbox back on and was wondering if there is anywhere you can drill holes to make it sound better??

oh i also ment to say i gotta green filter thatll fit your car that im giving you :D

yeah should be some where bring a tool kit when i meet up with you and ill ave a look at it for ya(y)

Alex-R said:
my bro drilled the airbox on his sierra and it ran dog rough, buy an induction kit

was the sierra engine bigger than a 1.2? i drilled the air box on my mates mk1 punto, my old clio and a friends cinq and they all worked

I drilled holes in my first airbox it only sounded nice when you ACTUALLY put your foot down, i dont know about the performance cuz it's a 1.1/1.2 so ehh but yeah if u put ur foot down you'll notice the throaty noise but only a second as you cant keep ur foot down for too long so i'd say get a induction kit instead save your time.

Back