downgrade acer laptop to xp

Currently reading:
downgrade acer laptop to xp

hello all
I have an acer 5335 laptop and I want to put Xp on it instead of its vista which I detest

I have a Xp disc and have read that I need sata drivers for the hard disk of which I have obtained, the problem is that the laptop doenst have a floppy drive and upon xp install it asks for additional drivers for sata etc [press f6 for 3rd party sata / raid etc] to be loaded from a floppy, I have tried to put them on a usb stick but I cant access that when asked for location of drivers

how can I get round this?

Once you get it up and running take an image of the disk using a program like Acronis true image. This is something i have recently started to do, and it saved me hours of work, i just loaded Acronis and told it restore, pointed it to the image on the external drive and bob's your uncle.

I now do it with every laptop i do (family members)

It'll be faster still, but it's really only about disk write/reads. Mind you, XP uses paging, which I think is the equivalent of Linux swap, so it'll speed that up too, especially on memory hungry apps (not a lot, methinks, that isn't memory hungry in Windows!)

If the drivers are there, I'd do it.

Last edited:
Back