Technical down on power

Currently reading:
Technical down on power

16vturboCoopz

my 16v coupe turbo is down on power. the turbo works but the car is still slow. ive changed the plugs and leads. any1 have any ideas as 2 why the car is down on power

On a turbo car fitting an aftermarket boost gauge is the best step. It will show you whether there is a problem with boost being too high or too low.

If your issue is poor boost then it would be shown.

Are there any unusual noises etc...
As turbo_Jim says, I'd check all the air pipe work from the turbo to intercooler to throttlebody 1st. ;)

ok the air intake box were the air filter goes in, is open on 1 side, the screws are rusted and aint lined up with holes properly on 1 side., 2 screws are in 2 are missin so 1 side got a gap.. would that cause the car 2 be down on power?

2 screws are in 2 are missin so 1 side got a gap..
Hi
Take the lid off and check the inside of the airbox.Then secure the lid down with new screws and two bulldog clips to tighten the lid down. Then test the car and let us know.
Cheers.

my exhaust pipe is wet and oily looking after 30mins of driving, why is this.is this a sign of a major probolem

Hi
Did the airbox screws give the power back?
Check the engine oil. It should not be above the maximum mark.

fixed the air box but still down on power. also when i put my car on ignition i can hear a pinking noise.some1 said its the fuel injector staying open and thats why its down on power.is this true and is there any way of fixing this?

Back