General Double the value of your car.

Currently reading:
General Double the value of your car.

Now I'm good to go with my new towbar I've bought a light board & am looking to buy a box trailer.
Of course, I'll need a number plate so have been scouring t'interweb for cheap options.
One or two sites offer cherished plates & links to other plates for sale.
SO, just for a lark I thought about D08 BIN - but nothing came up (obviously waiting 'till 2008?).
Not to be disheartened I tried DOB 81N & it's available to buy today.
Only problem is that it would more than double the value of my beloved dobbin, coming in at a hefty £9,950:eek:
The robbing barstewards (n)

I'd have been really tempted by the DVLA price of £199 but my piggy bank couldn't stand a 10 grand withdrawal.

When I were a lad, an uncoof yoof, living in halifax I remember seeing quite a few car registrations beginning HX & I was given the impression that's where they were registered.
I do think the regional plate idea is good but would be better if it was based on your postcode?

Other alternatives for doblo plates might be DOB 10S - increase the space twixt 1 & 0 and add a black screw to make DOB 1.0S so the 1. looks like an L:D
Or even DOB 131N (and decrease the space twixt 1 & 3

When I were a lad, an uncoof yoof, living in halifax I remember seeing quite a few car registrations beginning HX & I was given the impression that's where they were registered.
I do think the regional plate idea is good but would be better if it was based on your postcode?

Other alternatives for doblo plates might be DOB 10S - increase the space twixt 1 & 0 and add a black screw to make DOB 1.0S so the 1. looks like an L:D
Or even DOB 131N (and decrease the space twixt 1 & 3

Nothing to do with dobbies, but i remember seeing TCP 1 on a car outside The Shay in the 70's

Nothing to do with dobbies, but i remember seeing TCP 1 on a car outside The Shay in the 70's

Coming from Halifax, I know very little about football.
A few years ago I was at a quiz night & the mealbreak quizette was football club nicknames - the hammers, gunners etc.
I was the only person in the room to know the shaymen - not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing:eek:
What's that joke about the season ticket being nailed to a tree - and someone nicked the nail?:D
Only ever went once, when Hx played Manchester (somebody or other) & Hx won - basically because the shay is something like half the size of a proper pitch:D .
Mind you, I did go many times to watch the speedway (the only thing keeping the ground going for years). Never did get to watch rugby there as it was still at Thrum Hall when I left.

Back