Styling Door Still/Kick Plates?

Currently reading:
Styling Door Still/Kick Plates?

Hi guys,

I’m not really sure what they are called, but I’m after that plates which go along the bottom of the door sill, on the inside. Are they called kick plates or something?

Are they a dealer only part? As I’ve seen some with ‘Fiat’ and/or ‘Stilo’ printed on them (silver ones).

Anyone know where to get them from for my 3 door and what they are called!!

Cheers
Matt :)

Kick plates will do or sill guards.
could probably get them in a few places, ebay maybe for copies, haven't seen them so not sure exactly what they look like on the stilo.

Got mine from the dealers on 5dr, they say stilo at the back in the same font as the stilo writing on the back of the car. They wasnt cheap about 40-50 squids if memory serves, but mine are actually wasted as i have a sliver car and the plates are also silver. The rear door ones have no writing on and are very bland. If i can find the camera i will put a pic up.
roy

edit, i think i may actually take mine off a spray them a different colour to make them stand out a wee bit.

Last edited:
Got mine from the dealers on 5dr, they say stilo at the back in the same font as the stilo writing on the back of the car. They wasnt cheap about 40-50 squids if memory serves, but mine are actually wasted as i have a sliver car and the plates are also silver. The rear door ones have no writing on and are very bland. If i can find the camera i will put a pic up.
roy

edit, i think i may actually take mine off a spray them a different colour to make them stand out a wee bit.

Payed £35 for mine Roy from friendly parts manager at Glyn Hopkins in London :devil:

had some kickplates on my JTD, get them from here http://www.gtgrafix.com/ you can choose what you want printed on them and in what font.

I had "Stilo" in ariel, bold, italic. best match I could find for the "Stilo" badge

Just off the top of my head without seeing the badge i would say that Helvetica Neue Bold Italic is much better match. If you wanted i could perfectly match it for you if you wanted just PM me if you do.

roy

Hi Roy,

That would be great if you could put a pic up. I think i would perfer the OEM ones. My car is silver as well, do you think they are not worth it?

Does anyone have the part number for the 3 door ones?

Cheers :)

Honistly.... i dont think they are worth what i payed for them, they are made of alluminium (how ever you spell it lol) (brushed steel effect) and on a silver car they dont stand out as i think they should, but i will eventually spray them up i think.
They fit perfectly, i have two small ones on the back and they sit in the sills lovely with all the curves and bends in the correct places. The fronts are the same but less curves / bends needed. But they should be like that as they are OEMS i wouldnt expect less. If you decide to get some make sure you use some good solvents to clean the inside sills before otherwise they will just pop off as they are held on with just a double sided tape or something similar.
i will find that bloody camera at some point
roy

I found that the double sided tape was rubbish and it didnt take long for the sill plates to come loose :mad: just put a few dabs of clear silicone mastic in the right places and bobs your uncle they dont come loose when that stuff sets :slayer:

If you Tcut the area you are applying them to and then clean them with Jif (or Cif coz we English can't pronounce our 'J's) then apply the double sided tape you should not have any issues. Dont' use a polish as they contain silicones that stop things sticking.

Back