General Door mirrors

Currently reading:
General Door mirrors

hannahb

Hi my names hannah

I have a W reg yellow Punto Sporting :slayer: and i am half way thro pimming it up to the way i want.

I have sray painted the air vents in dash and want to do middle console and door mirrors but came to a stop when i could not work out how to get mirrors off :bang:. Does anyone know how to take them off as want to paint them.

Thanks in advance
Hannah

first slip the rubber boot off the adjuster (and wonder to yourself why a car of this spec doesn't have elec mirrors) and then you can remove the nut behind that rubber boot.

now you can carefully pull the plastic cover off.

behind it is a large plastic nut, remove that and the mirror is free. apparently it is difficult to remove that nut, although personally i have always found it easy enough.

Last edited:
:doh:OK i can go with that i cant get it off.

OK not coming back in till i get it off.

And yes why no electric GRRRR

Thanks again

Hannah:p

i have a 2b active sport. can i take them off also to get them painted? hmm annoyinhg that some standard mk2 4 door versions ive seen come with coloured mirrrors standard grr but not on active sports or sportings.

O thanks i got them off in the end managed to use a screw driver and a hammer and undo it. I also spray painted them lackered them and put them back on but thanks again.

I still got loads to do to get it the way i want it.

Hannah (y)

Back