General Door mirror query

Currently reading:
General Door mirror query

jeanie77

hey, may be a real stupid question, i have a 2001 punto sporting, lovely little thing and first punto ive had, but also first car ive had with manual door mirrors, i know sounds spoilt but is it possible to fit electric door mirrors as the hgt model has to the car and if so how much would it cost???:) also my friend has a 2000 sporting which occasionally get an orange bulb with exclamation mark in it showing up when braking and disappears when brake is released, can anyone tell me what that light means please.

Too much, the wiring is not there for the mirrors.

You need the wiring.
Mirror switch panel.
HGT handbrake surround.
HGT mirrors.

Waste of time.

The light is a bulb warning light.

also my friend has a 2000 sporting which occasionally get an orange bulb with exclamation mark in it showing up when braking and disappears when brake is released, can anyone tell me what that light means please.

That would be the handbrake warning light.

It will be due to brake fluid level being too low. Just top it up (with correct brake fluid) above minimum, below max! - small white tank on the top left of engine bay.

That would be the handbrake warning light.

It will be due to brake fluid level being too low. Just top it up (with correct brake fluid) above minimum, below max! - small white tank on the top left of engine bay.

Orange bulb light isn't handbrake light.

Handbrake should be a red exclamation mark.

Orange bulb light isn't handbrake light.

Handbrake should be a red exclamation mark.
hey thanks people... yeah definately isnt hndbrake light thats next to it and that one is red and doesnt look like a bulb... i have checked all the bulbs, including reg plates headlights/side lights, fogs/ rev and brake lighs etc all are fine and it shows only every now and again so bit stumped... never mind will keep searching :)

Back