Technical Door Lock

Currently reading:
Technical Door Lock

si_ng23

Hi i have punto active sport and on the driver's door lock the key gets stuck when i try 2 take it back out but the other side is perfectly fine i try putting oil but it doesnt work does any1 know wot the problem is or came up wiv it?
thanx si

How new is it? Mine is a Nov 2002 model and up until about a month ago i had exactly the same problem..drove me up the bloody wall. Swapped the key to the 2nd one and it was slightly better, but not much (had wondered if one of the keys was bent slightly) Now, however, it works fine. Doesn't stick at all....complete mystery!

pop the little pea cosies on...highly effective

Yeah same my car is the same year as yours i tried the 2nd key still the same and now sometimes it doesnt stick but sometimes it does its really pissing me off i have 2 pull hard get it out. is your keys blue?

Surprise sur-bloody-surprise!

It's my new punto's first winter and hey presto, snap goes the flap on the drivers door lock, just like my last one did! s**t! TOTAL s**t!

pop the little pea cosies on...highly effective

Hi....Yeah. same problem on my 02 Punto. WD40 (the magic potion)is the answer. I squirted some into the keyhole, then some on the key and gave the hole a bit of action with the key! OK now? Yeah!
See yah!..Derek.

Tyke

Back