Technical Door lock barrel broken - can you help?

Currently reading:
Technical Door lock barrel broken - can you help?

firecolour

Spanners at the ready
Firecolour's drivers door lock barrel fell apart yesterday. I managed to recover the back half from inside the door but it looks like the metal casting has broken.

Does anyone have a spare barrel with key or is there an easy way to split this to keep the original key working? Any advice on fitting the replacement? Does the pin knock out to separate the parts to fit it back through the plastic surround?

Any help appreciated! Thanks.

lock1_sm.jpg

lock2_sm.jpg

lock3_sm.jpg

A few of us can help with spares...or eBay for a new one.

Never taken one apart but I guess it's
possible...an adult will be along later to confirm or deny...
Thanks for the pictures, the barrel can be taken out,circlip or pin on the end of barrel,looks like you need the main casing, otherwise you then have various keys, unless you swap the barrels :) reponsiable adult? Well, I get paid for breaking in to people's homes :)

Had a closer look at this today. The whole plastic barrel slides out after removing the flat clip inside the door. Ricambio sell a replacement barrel with keys for £21 each or just under £50 for a matching car set, so swapped drivers door to pax door and glued that barrel up as a temp measure and will swap for new barrels this week.

DSC_0571-850x850_0.jpg

If you want to save cash some of the Italian shops are cheaper in the sticky thread. £50 would buy you a complete set for all round

That's where I found Ricambio and you're right, under £50 for the set. Switched the bad lock to the pax side so if we do go for a new key, then it's on the less likely used lock.

Back