Technical Door handle...can it be tampered with?

Currently reading:
Technical Door handle...can it be tampered with?

funkycinq

As the title suggests...can I? as some peeps know, I've just had my car come out of the body shop and its looking more than perfect, with that, I had a new passenger door, but the only thing is, my old door handle is looking like it needs replacing. So with the spare one I have, I'm looking to take the old one off and put the new one on...sounds simple...but...Hanyes say the lock cannot be taken out of the handle, but I know from experience that the Hanyes manual sometimes tell little porkys...so my question is...does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sam

Last edited:
custard boy said:
havent done mine yet but after break in damage i need to.i would assume oyu can at least strip down the lock and swap over the keepers but think the lock is probably removable

I was hoping the lock is removable, I've sat there with the handle for hours trying to find a way to extract the lock, but it's pressed into place, think this one is beyond me!

Sam

custard boy said:
most locks i have had to dismantle have had a rear circlip that upon removal allows to lock mechanism to be removed. that is with the key inserted to drop the keepers.

When I got the handle I couldn't get hold of the key! I'll have to find another way of getting round it!

Thanks for your help

Sam

Back