General Door drainage

Currently reading:
General Door drainage

So today the wife got out of the car using rear, drivers side door. (She doesn't normally sit there) and as she closed the door I heard a sloshing noise. A quick look into the side of the door told me there was nothing in the door that could slosh. It hit me. It's inside the door.

Well after getting out and giving the door a shake I heard what sounded like a lot of water gushing about inside the door, I gave the drainage rubbers a quick pull and wipe and would you believe it, a good litre and half of water gushed from the bottom of the door. It had pooled in there as the rubbers were plugged by dirt and grime.

So here's a nice reminder to you all as a quick DIY job right now. Get your self a wet wipe and give all your drainage holes a good scrub. Luckily I caught mine before it filled up too much and damaged my electrics

Those that don't know what the drains look like you can see it in this picture I took. It's the long rubber bit at the bottom of the door (they're at the bottom of every door). Get your fingers into them (yes it's a gunky job) and you can feel where the holes are, give them a good wipe because I'm betting im not the only person who will have water in one or more of their doors (y)

image3346.jpg

Last edited:
Back