Don't use F1 Autocentre

Currently reading:
Don't use F1 Autocentre

centosport'06

Hi guys,
i took my seicento to f1 for a blowing exhaust. They told me it was ok it would probably be the front part of the exaust which connects to the manifold. They put it straight on the ramp and 2 of them were pointing at various parts of the exhaust. They then came into the viewing area and starting on this run down on problems,
1, rear drivers tyre split
2, front part of the exhaust
3, leaking rear shock, then he tried to tell me if i got the shock done i would also need to do tracking? :confused:
So i said to the mechanic "right so the back and middle of the exhaust are fine?" he said "yes" so left it at that! When i got that part of the exhaust done he quoted £89 and would take an hour! £95 and 3 hours later the part was replaced! 2 days later it started blowing so i took it back and they put some sealer on it. 1 week later the rest of the exhaust fell off. When i phoned them the guy just started to laugh. I was not impressed and told the manager about what had happened. 3 weeks later i had an AA winter check 'FREE':slayer: They diagnosed the drivers side of the car was breaking seconds after the passenger, and this was some how causing the handbrake to stick on. i shopped around everywhere to try to get a cheap quote who could do it quick:confused: , the only one that could do the car quick was double the price of what f1 could do it for and f1 just happened to find a space in their over full garage to repair mine. ;) 2 hours and 4 wrong deliveries later they finally finished the work. 2 days later the brake light came which i thought wierd so i took it back! they said oh it's the handbrake cable making the light come on. They wacked it back on the ramp after a strop! (from them!) and then tried to say that the handbrake cable had caused one of the hubs to crack and it wasn't the cable after all! So they said it's the hub and wanted £110 for 1 new hub. So i said i would go back when i had the money! I had the hubs checked by my local garage as a favour, he just laughed their was nothing wrong with them. i phoned f1 and explained what was happening and was told the car had to go back the next day as it sounded dangerous problem i went back to f1 yet again, i wanted it sorted properly this time and wasn't moving til it was done, i walked into reception and explain the mechanic told me to take the car. He turned round and said TOUGH if i wanted it fixed it had to be left in their car park where they take no responsability for damage! So i asked how i was going to get home and back there again? i was told yet again! i don't sort it yourself
By this time i had enough and took it to another garage, they said there was a problem with the brakes but couldn't tell me exactly what but it was bad enough to go straight back the f1.
They finally took note when i rang cust. serv. and demanded to speak to an area manager. with in 5 minutes the area manager was on the phone and the store manager worked on the car! 2 days later the problem was back with avengis the handbrake didn't hold the car and i had to have bricks under the wheels. In the end my dad took it back on Thursday last week, they put it straight on the ramp took them 1/2 hour to notice that the hub is held on by bolts. after some hammering one of the top mechanics came over to see what the banging was about the and pointed out the bolts. 2 1/2 hours later after yanking the handbrake and spining the wheels with his hands they finally admitted they didn't know WHY the brakes and handbrake were having so many problems i asked him to check the exhaust and was told there was not a problem the next day the car went for an mot and failed on the exhaust because of a large crack in it. i took it back with the fail certificate and the argued but finally replace the exhaust under warenty. just drove 300 mile round trip and low and behold it's blowing again so it's another phone call and trip to f1 tomorrow.:rolleyes: :mad:

Really sorry to hear of your problems, I have been around cars for many years and there is no way I would let one of these `centres` ( you know all the names) work on my cars. Let alone leave it with them when I am not there.
IMHO, If you are not going to do work on your own with portable ramps axle stands etc, then best to either develop a relationship with a recommended small garage or use a good Fiat main dealer.
Sure this would cost more on the labour, ( Dealer) but you would have no problems going back if the repair fails.
Best perhaps to go to the dealer and cut your losses, I would not want an `angry` garage working on my car....

The repairs all seem simple DIY though, with a Haynes manual.
Good luck :)

Last edited:
Back