Dont make em like they used to!!

Currently reading:
Dont make em like they used to!!

:bang:
Bloody 21st century telly,s aint made like they used to be!
Got up this morning only to find the t.v. has decided to pass away, as a result the kids ps2,s have took a pounding all day.:shakehead Is it just me or do things seem to just fall to pieces nowadays, i remember my mom and dads tv lasted at least 10yr and then it was only changed cos it was completely outdated, it still worked perfect!!:eek:
You young uns can call me a grumpy old man if you like but im only 37 and in a time when everybody goes on about recycling etc it seems pretty bleedin ironic that we live in a more throw away society than ever!In the past 6yrs my house has got thro 4 dyson vacumns, in 7yrs 2 dryers and a washing machine, need i go on.:mad:
Its just all cheap crap from the east nowadays, trouble is it dont get in the shops with a price that resembles the crap parts its made of.Sorry to go on ,i just wanted to let off steam somewhere and you lot kopped it!!:(
Bring back the days of "spangles",packets of snaps for 2p, polos4p,mars& marathons(not bloody snickers)10p,10 fags56p and school dinners @75p per week:cry:
:yeahthat: :life: :hm:
LOL i only started this post to see if anybody knew where i could get a decent widescreen TV at a reasonable price in the west midlands.So far ive found an ex display 32"sony for £177, i think ill be hard pushed to beat that!!
Thanks for your time folks.(y)

We had a 20'' toshiba which died a year ago which was bought new in 1982

We also had a sony 14'' colour tv bought in 1979 which died recently as well.

Why do the good always die so young? :D

My old tv was 22 years old when it died. we have a tumble drier (still works perfect) from before i was born, along with a toaster aswell. loads of other bits n pieces too.

Only got a new(er) tv cause it was a hand-me-down.

Im a posh git :eek: Blagged a 32" widescreen grundig jobbie (is huge!) about 6 years ago when mum got a new tv (like £600! v high end at time iirc) filled in forms for home delivery but then decided to take away there n then, did that, week later second turned up :D then when we decided to turn front room into another bedroom i somehow managed to pinch the big tv :D cant go wrong :cool: LCD tv would bug me if i got a dead pixel or something, computer is bad enough lol

If they made stuff like they used to then the companys would go bust, after speaking to some brown and white goods engineers they all say the stuff is crap these days.

Like others have said my TV in my bedroom is 23 years old and still going strong, the Teletext isn't working but it marches on still, am going to keep it going to see how long it lasts!

Liam

Judging by whats been posted so far people the morol of the thread is "dont be ashamed of what you possess, just cos it aint as modern as y mates.Chances are it will still be around a long time after your mates had to replace his twice.KEEP YOUR MONEY IN YOUR POCKET"(y)

:yeahthat:

That's what you get for buying Dyson. If I had a pound for every Dyson I'd heard going pop I'd have at least a tenner.
I bought an LG cylinder bagless cleaner 3 years ago. It's brill. Came with two washable filters so you can cycle them and has more suck than a Dyson too.
£100 :D

TVs should be Ok in theory. If they get through the first 6 months then there's no reason why they should fall over. My mate had a very old set that he never switched off - figuring the 'shock' of the hard power button does more damage than going on and off stand-by. Guess there's some mileage in that.

MATT 68 said:
:bang:
Bloody 21st century telly,s aint made like they used to be!
Got up this morning only to find the t.v. has decided to pass away, as a result the kids ps2,s have took a pounding all day.:shakehead Is it just me or do things seem to just fall to pieces nowadays, i remember my mom and dads tv lasted at least 10yr and then it was only changed cos it was completely outdated, it still worked perfect!!:eek:
You young uns can call me a grumpy old man if you like but im only 37 and in a time when everybody goes on about recycling etc it seems pretty bleedin ironic that we live in a more throw away society than ever!In the past 6yrs my house has got thro 4 dyson vacumns, in 7yrs 2 dryers and a washing machine, need i go on.:mad:
Its just all cheap crap from the east nowadays, trouble is it dont get in the shops with a price that resembles the crap parts its made of.Sorry to go on ,i just wanted to let off steam somewhere and you lot kopped it!!:(
Bring back the days of "spangles",packets of snaps for 2p, polos4p,mars& marathons(not bloody snickers)10p,10 fags56p and school dinners @75p per week:cry:
:yeahthat: :life: :hm:
LOL i only started this post to see if anybody knew where i could get a decent widescreen TV at a reasonable price in the west midlands.So far ive found an ex display 32"sony for £177, i think ill be hard pushed to beat that!!
Thanks for your time folks.(y)

:yeahthat: and you forgot wagon wheels the size OF WAGON WHEELS :yum:

We have still got a 20" fergason tv from the late 70's or early 80's and it wasn't new then, the switch blows about every year, costs £5 for a new one and keeps on going, quality isn't great and its a mono but I love the funky retro dials on it.

Modern stuff is designed to break at a certain point, e.g new cars at about 3years and a week :D

cars and electronics are all built DOWN to a price, the only thing that isn't are like hyper cars like the veyron,

Back