Don't Know Where To Put This... Diesel Exhaust

Currently reading:
Don't Know Where To Put This... Diesel Exhaust

i dunno about the sound, but if your gonna have one with a shiney chrom tip then DON'T!!!

the smog that comes out the back is unbelevable! and you'll have to wash your car once every few days! too much trouble :chin:

I already have too now, due to the vertically inclined nature of the back door, it gets ever so dusty from the back tyres kicking stuff up off the road, and don't worry I'd have the pipe(S) angled down like the current one to prevent the soot :)

stilosporting has a stilo jtd and had a powerflow exhaust fitted to it. not 100% sure of all the specifics :eek: but would say that it definatly had a changed sound. but as serin has said the exhaust gets extremly dirty and will get thick black build up on the end if not cleaned regularly.

the back of the car doesnt get too dirty anymore but at first it used to be black after one day or so. :(

:yeahthat: just ask the peeps that listened to it at stanford :cool:

make sure it has a big bore iirc mine is 2" to stop back pressure as with turbo diesels you just want to get rid of the gasses asap! mine was designed by powerflow as a diesel exhaust eg. large bore and sticks out far enough so the soot doesent get attracted to the bumper! 3k revs in third you get a great hummmmm from it :slayer:

Hope you don't mind me asking but how much *roughly* was your exhaust? I suppose there's no point in having just the back box done, might as well get it all done in SS?

Ozzie1989 said:
Hope you don't mind me asking but how much *roughly* was your exhaust? I suppose there's no point in having just the back box done, might as well get it all done in SS?

230 squid and that is just the backbox. ive also had the rear silencer removed. would like to get the 2nd cat removed but that will be an 'out of warranty' mod when the time comes. take a gander at my gallery, there are some pics there of it. i would say go for it all if you do. wish i could. :( :p

HEHE, I could just imagine my Doblo with a throaty exhast, dump valve, tinted windows and some nice alloys.... Corrrr I'd have all the babes running after me :rolleyes: LOL! NOT!

Still, it's all good, I think I may look at an exhaust sometime in the future, probably be better to get alloys before that, no good having a nice exhaust if you got steels on there! :D Cheers for all your help!

Ozzie1989 said:
HEHE, I could just imagine my Doblo with a throaty exhast, dump valve, tinted windows and some nice alloys.... Corrrr I'd have all the babes running after me :rolleyes: LOL! NOT!

Still, it's all good, I think I may look at an exhaust sometime in the future, probably be better to get alloys before that, no good having a nice exhaust if you got steels on there! :D Cheers for all your help!

no worries, let us know how you get on. i got myself searching for dv's now :rolleyes:

Been there, done that and listend to the sound recordings :D:D No chance on a Doblo though :p

All the best mate! Thanks to the others too I shall pop over here sometime it's quite good to get a break from the Doblo section :D

stilosporting said:
230 squid and that is just the backbox.

:eek: Blimey Frank I didnt realise that your powerflow was that expensive as mine on my 1.6 petrol was only £270 for the complete cat back system :)

stilosporting said:
hmm ripped and off spring to mind :mad: unless it was more expensive as it was a bigger bore :confused:

Well its all according how much bigger your bore is compared to mine :chin: mine has a bore size if 2" from cat to the centre box and then it goes down to 1 3/4" to the back box but hang on you Havn't got a back box either have you :bang: and you payed £230 !!!!!

PNL said:
Well its all according how much bigger your bore is compared to mine :chin: mine has a bore size if 2" from cat to the centre box and then it goes down to 1 3/4" to the back box but hang on you Havn't got a back box either have you :bang: and you payed £230 !!!!!

that was for backbox and tip but not cat back. will drop them a line and see whats going on. :rolleyes:

stilosporting said:
that was for backbox and tip but not cat back. will drop them a line and see whats going on. :rolleyes:

I think I would (y) and if you wish you can tell them where I had mine done it was Welsh coast customs in Newport S.Wales (y) go get um Frank the rip of gits :mad:

I paid £300 at MIJ performance in Birmingham for a custom exhaust with sports cat and de-cat pipe for my Tipo. I'd be guessing its over 2" diameter.

£270 for just a back box? Did you turn up in a suit? :p

As for how a diesel performs and sounds with a sports exhaust - my TD Tipo's exhaust split completly just after the flexible. Basically I had about 2-3 feet of exhaust after the turbo.. Sound was awsome! Like some V8 supercar! Performance was slightly revier. MPG was exactly as normal (y)

Last edited:
£270 does seem very steap, iirc Jason (Bob) paid £180 for a custom backbox on his Stilo.

That was from a place around here called Entec Power Systems or something like that :eek:

Back