what car to get

• fiat punto 55sx

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • cinq sporting

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

scottyy3k

i am 17 soon and i dont know what fiat to get i dont know if to get a fiat punto 55sx or a cinq sporting :bang:

Last edited:
First car? maybe best to get some insurence quotes first, and work it out from there.
Will say this though, they say the cinq is more fun, but the Punto is more comfy a car

Yeah. The Cinq is great fun (Im on my 2nd after selling an 899- so kind of addicted :)) but the ride on it is a bit crap, and its noisy - especially at 80 on the M-Way. If uyre thinking 'cento Id actually recommend a Sei as they have a much better ride IMO (Well the one Ive been in certainly has!)

The Punto however, is more comfortable than the Cinq and a bit softer than the Sei. But its heavier, so it feels nothing like the Cinq to drive- I think the comparison between the 1242cc Punto and the 1242cc Cinq (Punto engine in Cinq) shows the Cinq in that guise to be much much more fun than the Punto with the same engine!

an 1108 Cinq is quicker than a Punto 55.

One of my mates back home in Leicester, he has a Punto 55 and a Cinq so he can do direct comparison. He rekons the Cinq is much easier for a new driver because the all round vision is better, the driving position suits new drivers better and it is great fun to drive. He rekons that it doesn't feel as cramped in the front as the Punto too. He lets the missus have the Punto and he drives the Cinq:cool:

I've had a look on Parkers and both cars are the same insurance group, so expect similar quotes, but not all insurers go by the grouping system and take in other factors.

If it was me, I would choose the Cinq, but as you can see below, I am v.biased. lol, but they must be good if I haven't got off them yet. Many people on here are still buing Centos after owning previous ones. I'm on my 3rd.

Re: thank u every one for your help

i still havent decided but thanks to every one for helping me decide :D :D

Re: thank u every one for your help

Depends if your priority is comfort/space (Punto) or speed/handling (Cinq). You can carry 4 people fairly comfortably in a Punto, in a Cinq its very cramped. But a Cinq Sporting is faster and better in the corners than a 1.1 or 1.2 8v Punto. As for styling, thats down to your own preference :)

smurfhead said:
I've had a look on Parkers and both cars are the same insurance group, so expect similar quotes, but not all insurers go by the grouping system and take in other factors.

Another thing with insurence. The group the car is in can not come into account. My old Rover 214sli was group 9 while the Brava 80SX is group 7. The brava costs more to insure.
This could be down to age difference, the Rover was a 95 while the Brava an 01. Could also of been due to security, The Rover had an Alarm and Imobiliser as standard while the Brava only an Imobiliser.

Last edited:
Punto insurance is cheaper - generally - i remember from when i got quotes.

When i asked tesco why they said it was because the cinq was a sporting and when people buy a 'sport' car they want performance :confused:

If you want a car to learn in the cinq isnt the best idea. the mirrors are rubbish. Although they are easy to park etc.

it depends what you want out of the car.

I would choose the cinq - i learnt to drive in one you just have to make sure you look around and dont rely on the mirrors :)

Back