Don't buy car mats from here

Currently reading:
Don't buy car mats from here

Koa

Free dentistry available
http://www.carmats4u.com/ (n)

I paid £79 for a set of four custom car mats and on the drivers side the lettering is cracked and on the passenger side the underside of the mat is disintegrating and leaving crap all over the floor of the car.

I have been Emailing these people twice a day, for the last four working days and have not had one reply. I sent them pictures of the problems and asked them politely to let me know what they intend to do about the things.

So I figured I'd name and shame em on here as they don't care about their customers and their product is utter w*** :yuck:

Next step is a phone call demanding a full refund which i'll do when I get home tomorrow.

EDIT : I have had the mats just 4 months and the mats have prolly only seen 1,000 miles of wear :(

Last edited:
Steve said:
£79 for mats? Add £21 and you could have bought my Panda! :eek:

At that price you'd expect them to last...
lol, Yeah you would expect a little more than a thousand miles at that price.
Problem is, the next ones are gonna cost me about £130 ( NOT from the same place ) They are sending me a sample of the mat so I can see the quality and colour, so no mistakes this time.

Steve said:
Do you know you can get mats in Halfords for £25!? :confused:

Those are those chavvy ones though with ripspeed printed on them! (n)
Or the basic rubber ones( which actually aren't bad as you can cut them to the shape of your car :chin: )

I have to agree - KoA. Fiat Abarth mats rule - had mine 2 years and just surface dirt waiting to be vacumned off. No wear at all and they've seen 14K! Got 'em "free" with the car.

James Abarth said:
I have to agree - KoA. Fiat Abarth mats rule - had mine 2 years and just surface dirt waiting to be vacumned off. No wear at all and they've seen 14K! Got 'em "free" with the car.
But they come in only one colour :( I had those mats on order for about 7 months and I just gave up waiting :D

Having a blue car means it's crying out for blue mats. If I had a silver car I would buy the Abarth ones myself. Red car would require red or grey mats and yellow would have to have yellow or black mats :D
A Burgundy car like Bens, I would also buy the Abarth mats.

KoArAnG said:
But they come in only one colour :( I had those mats on order for about 7 months and I just gave up waiting :D

Having a blue car means it's crying out for blue mats. If I had a silver car I would buy the Abarth ones myself. Red car would require red or grey mats and yellow would have to have yellow or black mats :D
A Burgundy car like Bens, I would also buy the Abarth mats.

It all depends what you like of course. Me - I thought the Abarth mats being what - dark grey - would go with any colour car. What colour was your car's base carpet KoA.

If it is of overwhelming importance to have the correct colour - why not go to a good carpet shop and buy an offcut of Wilton and have it made up. (I'm not joking)

James Abarth said:
It all depends what you like of course. Me - I thought the Abarth mats being what - dark grey - would go with any colour car. What colour was your car's base carpet KoA.

If it is of overwhelming importance to have the correct colour - why not go to a good carpet shop and buy an offcut of Wilton and have it made up. (I'm not joking)
Thats actually a good idea James (y)

Base carpets are dark grey/anthracite but I will be changing that sometime in the future.

here's the mats that I have now, and I think they go really well with my car so I want to try and achieve the same look if possible but better quality this time.

KoArAnG said:
Thats actually a good idea James (y)

Base carpets are dark grey/anthracite but I will be changing that sometime in the future.

here's the mats that I have now, and I think they go really well with my car so I want to try and achieve the same look if possible but better quality this time.

Well if Wilton's good enough for Rollers ....................................

Are these the crappy quality but look good mats? I like the metal
finsh to the driver's mat - compliments the SatNav surround. Is it just the sunlight - or do you have the white leather seats with grey sides? If so, are they hard to keep clean? I find the black leather I have doesn't show the dirt very much. Probably have a shock though if I actually used leather cleaner on them!

I have the Anthracite seats with the light grey sides, but it's almost white.

Here's a better picture of the seats

http://www.stiloabarth.btinternet.co.uk/cars/koas/koasleather1.jpg

I find it very easy to clean, I just wipe over it all with a leather upholstery cleaner/conditioner every few weeks and they come up like new :)

Yes James, they are the crappy quality but good look mats :)

It's a real shame :cry:

Wow - your car's spotless man. I'm going to have to give mine a real
clean before Brooklands. What do you use to clean the non-leather door trim ie scuff marks etc. Can't seem to remove them - tried soap and water only as I didn't want to make it shiny.

I really avoid making scuff marks on my doors and stuff james because the plastic thats used is really horrible. I've only had a couple of light marks so far and they have come off with one of those dashboard sponges that you can get that cleans and conditions the plastics. Ben has used something before that gets the scratches off, iirc he recommended something to me if ever I needed it.

I intend to recover those panels with that cheap plastic on, it's a bit of a contrast between white leather at the top of the doors and shiny black/grey plastic. I think I may look into getting it covered in an anthracite suede or something similar.

Back