Technical Dodgy Stat?

Currently reading:
Technical Dodgy Stat?

fiat_fandango

Hi, after reading many of the posts on this forum such as: https://www.fiatforum.com/punto-technical/122080-thermostat.html

I believe I have a similar problem with my 1997 1.2 60SX. Basically, after taking it for a 10 mile spin, the gauge only just lifted off the needle.

I am assuming that the sensor is stuck?

Hopefully should get it sorted soon. But for the meantime, does it do any damage to the car whilst running it like this?

Many thanks in advance,
fiat_fandango

sounds like the thermostat, ive got probs aswell abit similar i have the new thermostat to change, but the wether is not that great at the mo...
easy job 2 10mm bolts, & of course the hose clip......just awee tip when changing its agood time to flush out system aswell new coolant etc(y)

No worries. Just bought one for about £11. Will fit it tomorrow as well as changing the coolant and oil etc.

Thanks

Hehe... I'm doing mine at exactly the same time with exactly the same reported problem! Will see tomorrow if the new one works.

Mines now sorted. Managed to burn my fingers a bit when bleeding the rad after a run, but its all done now. Warm interior after 10 minutes from cold!

Mines now sorted. Managed to burn my fingers a bit when bleeding the rad after a run, but its all done now. Warm interior after 10 minutes from cold!

Lol! Also warmed up my hands after I bled mine!

Back