Technical Dodgy filter??

Currently reading:
Technical Dodgy filter??

My 1.3 2006 diesel has a strange fault almost more like a hesitation.
When going to set off from stand still it like there no power there no lights on or anything.
Once it goes above approximately 2000rpm it starts to shift again and pulls nice and smoothly considering the engine size.
My thinking is maybe the fuel filter is getting blocked.
We had the car 18 months now. I'm almost certain it probably never had a filter on it.
At 76000 miles I reckon it is due one anyway but just wondering if any can confirm am I thinking in the right direction here?

What engine version is it, 75 or 90 bhp ?
Is it like this from the beginning or did that suddently appeared ?
Can you MES it ?

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Not sure which engine not 100% sure how to identify this?
MES?
It mainly does this from standstill low rev range 1st and 2nd gear rest are fine hence me thinking it the filter getting blocked higher gears there more pressure pushing the diesel through

Not sure which engine not 100% sure how to identify this?
MES?
It mainly does this from standstill low rev range 1st and 2nd gear rest are fine hence me thinking it the filter getting blocked higher gears there more pressure pushing the diesel through

What did you tell the insurance company the car was? If it has a 6 speed gearbox it's the 90hp, the 75hp has a 5 speed 'box.

MES is Multiecuscan, a computer based diagnostic system www.multiecuscan.net You need a ELM 327 USB interface (about £20 on eBay) and a laptop to use it.

Robert G8RPI.

Robe

As Robert says, MES is a diagnostic tool, but not only; with that tool you can reaaly "see" what is happening with your engine controler ! For example, you could plot the curves for expected boost pressure (which the ECU -Engine Contro Unit- asks for) and the actual one delivered by the turbo together with other parameters like Accelerator position, engine revs, fuel pressure etc. Worth the little investmpent IMO !

@ Robert: my 1.3mjt 90hp has a C510-5 gearbox; but it's on the continent...

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Well after a good drive on the motorway seems to be running alright now.
Also regarding the 90bhp and 75bhp. I've just noticed when opening the drivers door I have a sticker stating punto 1.3 multijet (75) active. Guess that confirms it

Back