Technical Dodgy electrics

Currently reading:
Technical Dodgy electrics

amesdavies

I have a Punto that is 2 and a half years old and recently the electrics have gone completely peculiar. The sidelights don't work and there is a buzzing sound when you do anything that lights up a light on the dash board (e.g. put the handbreak on, use the indicators etc) and the garage can find what is the matter, they thought it might be a poor earth connection, but can't find one ... any ideas?

euro

Mine was traced to faulty earths, both of em in the tail light connectors. I would have em (or do it yourself) remove all electrical plugs/bulbs around the dashboard one by one and clean up / lubricate the contacts to start with. Hope that helps

Steve Anderson
Punto 1.7D/Uno 1000 Fire

RyanGtTurbo

Common fault with Fiat's, i had the same problem about 2 yr ago which was a dodgy earth connection. mine earth connection was in my fog light connection. make sure all your connections have no rust or dirt and secure.

Jamie

put a towel on it
Common fault with Fiat's, i had the same problem about 2 yr ago which was a dodgy earth connection. mine earth connection was in my fog light connection. make sure all your connections have no rust or dirt and secure.

lol, was 4 years ago. think it got fixed