dodgy car trader

Currently reading:
dodgy car trader

i agree nigger is offensive but my point is if its so offensive then why do so many black people refer to one another as nigger?

That came from the late 60's when racism was rife amongst the Police in Los Angeles and other places in the USA. The corrupt members of the LAPD used to call African Americans 'nigger', so the African Americans used to call themselves 'nigger' to effectively neutralise the offensive meaning.

In return that's also where some of the first incidences of the Police being called 'pigs' came from. Using known derogatory and insulting words towards the LAPD would get an instant arrest, but the word 'pig' wasn't actually regarded in a court of law as insulting. You couldn't really arrest someone for calling you a 'pig' whereas you could if they called you a 'c**t'.

This is what I got from reading the book "Panther" by Melvin Van Peebles (it was also made into a film in 1995). It is a fictional book based on true events in the 1960's that led to the formation of the Black Panther Party of Self Defence, a civil rights group standing up against the persecution of blacks. Worthwhile reading if you have any interest in the civil rights movement in the USA:

http://negroartist.com/writings/BLACKPANTHER1.htm

That came from the late 60's when racism was rife amongst the Police in Los Angeles and other places in the USA. The corrupt members of the LAPD used to call African Americans 'nigger', so the African Americans used to call themselves 'nigger' to effectively neutralise the offensive meaning.

In return that's also where some of the first incidences of the Police being called 'pigs' came from. Using known derogatory and insulting words towards the LAPD would get an instant arrest, but the word 'pig' wasn't actually regarded in a court of law as insulting. You couldn't really arrest someone for calling you a 'pig' whereas you could if they called you a 'c**t'.

This is what I got from reading the book "Panther" by Melvin Van Peebles (it was also made into a film in 1995). It is a fictional book based on true events in the 1960's that led to the formation of the Black Panther Party of Self Defence, a civil rights group standing up against the persecution of blacks. Worthwhile reading if you have any interest in the civil rights movement in the USA:

http://negroartist.com/writings/BLACKPANTHER1.htm

well thats two things ive learned today. thanks(y)

oh FFS :bang:. Ive just sat here like a saddo from 5.30pm till now (3am) reading that thread with about a 2 hour break inbetween. to get to the flippin end of it to find that topic is CLOSED!!!!
was going to put a really good post on there too, just wanted to read it for all the facts so i could put an accurate post. God i feel like a right sado and such a twit now!!! bed.

oh FFS :bang:. Ive just sat here like a saddo from 5.30pm till now (3am) reading that thread with about a 2 hour break inbetween. to get to the flippin end of it to find that topic is CLOSED!!!!
was going to put a really good post on there too, just wanted to read it for all the facts so i could put an accurate post. God i feel like a right sado and such a twit now!!! bed.

na the topic can be rescued.

quite easily. by me not posting(y)

Back