Dodgy Car Seller Gets Caught

Currently reading:
Dodgy Car Seller Gets Caught

I think there server is struggling with the amount of people trying to view the thread.

I got to page 4 and it died

its tue, server cant handle all the connections

IPB WARNING [2] mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Too many connections (Line: 131 of /ips_kernel/class_db_mysql.php)

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here.

Error Returned

SQL error: Too many connections
SQL error code:
Date: Wednesday 08th 2007f August 2007 10:41:22 AM

We apologise for any inconvenience

So far it seams that a guy named imran (something like that) is trying to sell a vxr220 for £20K.

A few months before a guy named imi (with the same ip address) was asking about for loads of parts.

He has loads of excuses but it looks like he is trying to sell a rolled car.

I managed to catch this earlier. It's a cracking read! Basically as said above a dodgy bloke called 'imi' or 'imran' tried to sell a VXR (at top price) posing as a private seller. When asked if the car had been in an accident he denied all knowledge of it and refused to disclose any information.

However, with a VXR being such an exclusive car someone 'got hold' of pictures showing the same car in a severely battered state. It turns out that it had been rolled, bought by 'Imran' as salvage and then repaired. Imran was then found out to be a car dealer and his 'brother' allegedly ran a body shop in Crawley West Sussex. There was even a phone number to contact 'Imi' on!

What was amusing was the amount of back peddling and lies this 'Imi' guy continued to push out, and then without anyone even knowing his ethnicity he tried to play the 'race' card. So that kind of narrows him down to an ethnic minority car seller in Crawley selling expensive sporting cars and his ethnic minority brother repairing insurance write offs! There was even a picture of the garage that his brother (and no doubt 'Imi' himself) operated from!

It took about two hours to read the whole thing but what a read it was. Top marks to the VXR owners whose detective work exposed Imi for the crook he was. Shame the site seems to be down and no-one can read it :(

If anyone offers you VXR number 16 DO NOT BUY IT!!!

VXR site seems to be back up! Try going to this link http://www.vx220.org.uk/forums/index.php?act=idx then going to the "For Sale & Wanted" thread. "VXR no. 16" seems to be the top read advert for some reason ;)

Oh, and NEVER deal with the company below! Seems that someone has managed to get hold of Imi's business details:

http://www.made-in-china.com/import-export/RosmXPYERJGuprofile1/Customize-Bodyworkz.html

Contact Details
Company Name: Customize Bodyworkz
Company Address: Unit 1b, Stephonson Palce, Crawley, United Kingdom
City/Town: Crawley
Province/State: Crawley
Country/Region: United Kingdom
Zip/Postal Code: RH10 1TL
Phone Number: 07788663363
Fax Number:
Homepage:
Contact Person (Department): Imran Zahid

This could go like that 4x4 Forum in America (a link was posted on FF last year I think?) where some cocky little shiite tried to con one of the members. Next thing the story went global and people found out who the con artist was(just a teenager as well), found pictures of him and found out where he lived. Public humiliation on a worldwide scale!

I have no sympathy for Imran Zahid whatsoever and I hope his dodgy car business collapses big time. :devil:

pwnd.jpg

Back