Technical Doblo?

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo?

Seamas Beag

Hello

I'm thinking of changing my car as I need more space. ( wife 3 kids and a dog !! )
Does anyone own/drive a Doblo and if so would you recommend them ?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Seamas

Hello

I'm thinking of changing my car as I need more space. ( wife 3 kids and a dog !! )
Does anyone own/drive a Doblo and if so would you recommend them ?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Seamas

you've come to the right place (y)
Personally I have nothing but praise for the Doblo but if you do a bit of searching round the Doblo section you'll find a few owners slagging them off.
Most forum members seem to have fairly trouble free motoring though.
The 5 seater is ideal for 3 kids and a big dog as the boot is huge.
They're comfortable to drive and have a pretty powerful Diesel engine, especially if you go for the 120bhp version.
Have a search around other threads and see what other members have to say ;).

Hi,

I'm not sure if my opinion is worth much given that I've only been driving for 3 weeks and it's my first car, but I'd recommend a Doblo to anyone who needs a practical workhorse vehicle to get them and loads of people/stuff around. The sliding side doors are brilliant and the large wing mirrors make parking a doddle.
The only caveat I'd put on that statement is a) aircon is a must as the big windows make it a bit of a greenhouse and b) you'll have to weigh up the pros and cons of the 1.9 vs the 1.3. I've got the 1.9 and I only get about 37mpg doing only short town trips - the 1.3 is better fuel economy and lower road tax and from what I've heard still has plenty of pulling power in the non-sexual sense.
I've had the family crawling all over it, the neighbours checking it out and I've taken people at work out in it for lunches and I've not found one person yet who thinks it's rubbish.
The only things I find myself wishing for sometimes are a) an automatic gearbox (turns out I'm lazy), b) cruise control (turns out I'm really lazy) and c) hmmm can't think of anything else really.

Hope I've helped in some small way.(y)

Had my 1.9jtd elx since Feb 06. Hasn't missed a beat. So easy to drive. Comfortable; my mum who has osteoporosis says it is the only car she doesn't have back pain.
I get around 55mpg (I drive carefully due to fuel price!).
Loads and loads of room. Bought originally for the dogs; sadly I have one less, as one of my gorgeous collies died a few days ago :(

I really can't think of anything negative to say.
Go go for it Seamas; you won't regret it. :)

Lyn

Hi - Doblo owners tend to love them or hate them. Mine is only 6 months old but has been excellent so far. Fuel consumption is disappointing on my 120hp 1.9 despite driving carefully, but they are big cars. I didn't realise just how big it was 'til I got it home. Massive in a good way.....not at all difficult to manoeuvre.

Someone was telling me yesterday that Fiats with Red badges are built to a better standard (particularly rust proofing) than those with blue badges. Anyone know if there is any truth in that?....or is it an old wives tale.

PETER

Someone was telling me yesterday that Fiats with Red badges are built to a better standard (particularly rust proofing) than those with blue badges. Anyone know if there is any truth in that?....or is it an old wives tale.

PETER

I haven't heard that before. New Fiats have a red badge now, mine's got the old blue badge. Is it going to fall apart with rust?

1.9 jtd with 105 horses.
I absolutely love mine. Being 6'4" in all directions I find the dobbin an easy motor to get in and out of & pleasant to drive. As for sunshades, I bought a rear window shade (100 x 50cm) and it almost fits the rear window (just an inch or two either side, top & bottom held in by the bodywork). Aircon is great (although little used as it affects fuel consumption) but I just use mine to cool the car down before driving off.
Having wind deflectors on the front means I can leave my windows partly down & not worry if it rains, this also helps keep the car cool with the airflow.

i wouldnt hesitate to recommend a doblo to anyone!!

i have had many cars/vans over the years and nothing drives as nicely or is as comfy on long trips, i have the 1.9 jtd (105) remapped to (145) and it still aves an easy 46-48 mpg no problems

Back