Technical Doblo WAV ceiling button

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo WAV ceiling button

Bomorse

Hello,

Just bought my first Doblo, a 1.4 2008 converted wheelchair model. I love it and despite the low power engine was surprised how nippy it is.

On the roof by the tailgate opening is a black switch. It has a wire connected to it so it does something but I have no idea what. I've turned it on and off but can't find its function.

Was hoping someone could shed some light on this.

Also wondered if anybody had come across this other issue - the tailgate will unlock with the remote control but won't lock with it. So every time I use the car I have to manually lock the tailgate each and every time. I can't leave it unlocked as the electric wheelchair in it cost more than the car. Having to bend right down and even more so in the dark to lock it it's really difficult for me as a disabled driver.

Any Doblo WAV owners had this experience?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply. I've tried switching it on and off and seeing if that affects the tailgate lock but it doesn't.

When I lock the car with the remote and have my hand against the tailgate handle I can feel some movement but it doesn't lock. I'm thinking maybe it's a mechanical issue instead.

Attachments

• PXL_20221121_101408444.jpg
    PXL_20221121_101408444.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
Mystery solved regarding the switch! I contacted the company that converted the Doblo and sent them the photo. They said that it was a spot light to assist to loading the wheelchair but mine had evidently been snapped off previously.
They still stock the light so I can replace it in future.

I also asked them about the lock and they said they don't touch the locks so therefore it must be a faulty mechanism.

The tailgate locks operate in the same way as a cheapo 'ding dong' doorbell, a flimsy spring is really all that is energised to chuck the bolt across. The grease/lubricant on the mechanism tends to thicken up with age. I took the card off my tailgate and flushed the entire locking mechanism with loads of WD40 then silicon spray lube

Back