Technical Doblo van where is the pollen filter

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo van where is the pollen filter

I have just carried out a service on a 1.9 multijet van and was shocked at the cost of the fuel filter. I replaced all the other parts ok and moaned at taking off the undersheild although could make a diffrence to fuel...
I bought the cabin filter but am having problems finding where the filter is even with the picture supplied with the cabin filter which was for a grande punto. In the doblo handbook it shows the left hand drive and shows a arrow behind the glove box but no matter how hard i look or try to view. I cannot see where the filter goes.
can any one help me?
hopefully if you have a picture? or has anyone changed the filter
its the doblo 1.9 d multijet van on a 06 plate.
thanks Vinny

Look into the passenger footwell, get right down and look up at the centre console, you should see the rubber pipes going to the heater, then to the left roughly in the centre you should see what I can only describe as like the front of a drawer or slot where I think it is. Having said that I havent yet managed to get mine out so Ill be interested to see what other posts say.

i have taken back the pollen filter.....i think that only the air con models have the filter. i could see what looks like a moulding to take the filter but with no screws to undo. i think that only the aircon models have them fitted.
will be interesting to see if someone can find where the filter goes..
Vinny

You may be correct that only a/c Doblos have a pollen filter, i have changed mine but it is an a/c version. Middle of passenger footwell oblong cover, four screws,pull cover off,pollen filter inside.

I can see the shape of where the pollen filter could be but there are no screws so that is why i think that there is no pollen filter on these models without air con..
has anyone a picture of the place?
Vinny

The chap in my local dealer said only A/C models have the pollen filter. I am not positive if this is true though as I have started to get a musty smell (similar to that of a dirty or damp filter) from time to time.

I will go and have a poke in my passenger footwell I think. Mine is a bit of an odd van, Mk1 with the 1.3mj (I think it was one of the last Mk1's?).

tesla unless you was lucky and they ran out on the production line of standard heater boxs....maybe you have the screws to undo the filter hatch. i can only think that would be the difference without air con. my friends was the 1.9 multijet model without air con...
i just changed the pollen filters on my Peugeot 806 which has the same floorpan as the fiat ulysse and citroen. that was hard to find as the wipers cover had to be taken off plus the wipers. i guess they will make them easier to find on newer models.

Back