Technical Doblo seems excessively loud inside

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo seems excessively loud inside

newportz

Hi,
I've got a 2009 Dynamic with the 105hp Multijet and one of the things that always bugged me was that the motor is relatively loud. Being that this is my first diesel (bought it new), I figured maybe it was normal. However, in the last few days I get the impression that inside the car the noise is not normal - kind of an annoying humming. I'm convinced that something in the engine bay is touching the frame as when I get out of the car, the noise is only the steady clicking of the motor. I've gone over everything (exhaust, motor mounts, hoses) but can't see anything wrong. The noise isn't a metal on metal sound, more like a hum. Anyone have this issue on their Dobbie? Is it normal?

And while I'm ranting about noises, how come that some days the engine clacks like crazy at low rpm's and other days she's as smooth as silk? You'd think the car was moody or something :) Maybe I'm not catching the turbine somedays?

Thanks,
Tom

I notice the noise at idle, clutch engaged or not. I'd say it's a low pitched noise and kind of dampened. I wonder if after 50 000km, a motor mount might be worn or something. It certainly isn't a metal on metal vibration and the steering wheel doesn't vibrate...just this deep hum that resonates throughout the interior.

This weekend I'll get someone to sit in the car and listen while I go over it grabbing/prying stuff and we'll see if the noise changes.

Back