General Doblo Rear Door

Currently reading:
General Doblo Rear Door

donald.cape

Does anyone know what the four spring loaded contacts do on the rear doors. I multimetered them out and they short out the corresponding static contacts on the door frame. One of them has broken off with the help of my daughter dragging a bag out of the door and catching them (design fault?) but it hans't seemed to cause any problems. Everything still works, interior lights, dashboard warning lights etc. I was just curious to know why they are there.

Just before we wrote off my previous doblo, I purchased a new set for the nearside sliding door. They're now for sale if you need a set, as surplus to requirements.

John.
Tel 01980 653771

I've driven many cars, company cars as well as family cars, fast luxureous cars and utility cars.
A few days ago I bought a low milage used Doblo 1.6 16v Malibu and sofar I'm very pleased with its performance, practical usage and even with its looks no matter what most people say about it.
However, I encountered a problem as described by donald.cape.
Today I found the left rear side sliding door wouldn't lock after closing and remote control locking.
One of the 4 spring loaded contacts at the bottom of the door was completely bent sideways, the soft metal nearly broken.
After I carefully bent it straight and checked the spring load operation the door locked again after closing. Bending might have been caused by jamming a bag or something in between door and post, which might occur more often.
This might seem a small problem, but to me not being able to lock the car doors means a real problem.
Does anyone know whether these contact units can be easily and cheaply replaced?

Back