Doblo doblo not charging

Currently reading:
Doblo doblo not charging

bluescuby

well what can i say changed the dreaded glow plugs on my 1.9jtd doblo no problems what ever all sorted
was very pleased with my self drove off up the road and the battery light flickered a couple of times then stayed off didnt think any more of it until i noticed my fuel gauge had dramaticly was dropping pulled over and what a idiot i was one of the fuel lines i had removed to change glowplugs i had not refitted and had used 4 gallons of fuel for 10 miles and most of it had washed the alternator below it
thought there was no problem had got away with it
until the following morning tryed starting it and battery flat recharged battery started van tested if alternator charging and no it wasnt
dont get it why is battery light only on with ignition goes out when started but alternator not charging
so any ideas and if alternator failed how do i change
any ideas would be much apreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done for doing the glow plug yourself.
Alternator washed in diesel? I dont know it may have pushed it over the edge or it may just recover in time.
Check the voltage when running, if its over 12.8 or thereabouts volts it might be ok. If less and the battery lights is on then its a gonner but give it a day or two. Bear in mind alternators are only good for 80k it might just be unfortunate coincidence. The overrun spindle is also known to be a point of failure and that could be affected by a diesel bath. Diesel is slippery though check the belt isnt slipping and replace if contaminated as it may not last.

thank you john for your reply well drove doblo with spare battery on board just in case (knowing that it wasnt charging) noticed that there was noise coming from alternator area suddenly no noise and battery light is on pull over and the belt has gone

so a couple of things what dose the alternator belt drive and also how do i change both belt and alternator

thanks in advance

Back