Technical Doblo low oil pressure warning .

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo low oil pressure warning .

Hi, I have a 2016 Doblo Cargo Maxi 1.6 198A3.000 Euro5 engine and first start after being left overnight the oil pressure light take a couple of seconds to go out and the warning for low oil pressure comes up on the display. It only does it after being left overnight . I have changed the oil and filter removed oil pressure switch and tested it, It operates at 0.2 bar. The engine runs at just over 4 bar oil pressure from cold. It appears to be a drain back or oil pump problem . Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Thanks.

Hi, I have a 2016 Doblo Cargo Maxi 1.6 198A3.000 Euro5 engine and first start after being left overnight the oil pressure light take a couple of seconds to go out and the warning for low oil pressure comes up on the display. It only does it after being left overnight . I have changed the oil and filter removed oil pressure switch and tested it, It operates at 0.2 bar. The engine runs at just over 4 bar oil pressure from cold. It appears to be a drain back or oil pump problem . Just wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. Thanks.

I have exactly the same issue. If I blip the accelerator just as it starts the issue does not occur. No idea why though

I have exactly the same issue. If I blip the accelerator just as it starts the issue does not occur. No idea why though
I have a 2010 Doblo Cargo Maxi 1.6 with 100k miles, I don't get the issue , but I have changed the oil filter housing and cooler assembly (which was a right bast**d on my back, especially when the first two new ones leaked via the filter removal drain tube) my point being maybe the pressure valve in that component stops the oil draining back into the sump. Any Fiat Dealer mechanics to tell us?

The only time I have seen this is in the use of cheap oil filters or the wrong oil.

The only time I have seen this is in the use of cheap oil filters or the wrong oil.
In the past with metal canister oil filters it was well known a cheap oil filter with no, or a poor valve, inside it would cause the oil to drain back down to the sump, however the filter on this model is a paper element with no valve, so there has to be a anti drain back valve in the system which from memory is in the housing I referred too. I did try to find the old one in my garage, but there is so much junk I could only find the oil cooler part of the filter housing;)

Thank you both for your thoughts on this, it is much appreciated. I did have the oil and filter changed a couple of months ago at a garage, they supplied both so not sure re quality of either. Will change it myself next time, with quality named products in next few weeks and post result.

Back