Technical Doblo heater fan .

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo heater fan .

Jayen4

The heater blower/fan on my 56 plate Doblo has stopped working.... Does anyone know if there is a usual fault that causes this , please ?? Is it likely to be the actual switch on the control panel or is there a resister , as you would find on a Rover 45 ?? If so , where would the offending item be located ?? Any experience of this anyone ?? ...... Now the the cold and wet weather is here , I need to get this sorted out pronto ! ...... Does anyone have the relevant bits that I might need for this ??

There is a resister probably on the fan motor housing, but usually it switches off some of the speeds when faulty.
If possible to get some of the ducting out of the way, you may be able to check if the fan is able to spin or has seized from lack of use, in some cases I have been able to rescue a fan motor by spraying WD40 in it and spinning it with my fingers as turning it on. Don't forget to count your fingers afterwards ;).
Here is a pic of a resister to see if you can locate it. £10 ish on eBay.
1669043208012.png

Yes

A common question :)

Generally the resistor just drops the fan speed.. it fails and its all like #4

Dead..is just that.. no power or a Dead fan

Ive replied to @30 doblo owners.. only 2 have posted their repairs

If you SEARCH 'DOBLO FAN'
you should be able to see them

Somebody in the last 18 months removed their fan ( full of rainwater IIRC)

Do let us know what you find (y)

Example :

Thanks for the swift replies guys ! I know that the fan motor is not seized , because it was working fine..... The symptoms were : It decided not to work on 1 and 2 .... Then it came back , then none of the speeds worked . Interestingly , I have heard it sort of working at what seems like half speed , but only for a short while and only when it felt like it.... lol . So ,it seems like a resistor first , then a fan motor if that doesn't sort it..... I shall get on it and report back with the results.....

Hi,
Had this problem too. It was a cooked joint connector near the fan. This connector/fan is under the dash above/left of passenger footwell.
I managed to prise the joint apart and clean it up sufficient to get it working again....my guess is that the joint can't quite carry the current when the fan is on max speed, so now I only use the 2 lower fan speeds.
Cheers
Ron

O.K. Reporting back as promised...... Right , so I took the car to a local garage that sometimes does work for me...... He took the fan motor out and told me that it was kaput ...... Somehow , I didn't think it was , as it spun freely by hand and no outward siggns of anything wrong . ......... So a few days later , I decided to take it to a mobile mechanic , who happens to live just up the road from me..... He powered the fan up off the car and it worked just fine ..... So he pulled the resisister and tested that with his multi meter .... all good . Checked ALL the connections and relays / fuses etc...... again all good ...... Hmmm ??....... All the plugs were good and not melted , so he cleaned all the connector points and put it back together...... Guess what...... it worked perfectly on all speeds !! So , all I can conclude is that it was just a dry connection somewhere ??..... Anyhow , after over a week , it's still working as it should , so I'm happy with that . Didn't have to buy any new parts !.....

i had the same thing done all the above got it working again then it stopped a few months later when we had a week of rain couldnt clear the inside :rolleyes: ended up taking the fan apart taking the 2 torx bolts out and splitting it, inside the 2 braided copper wires were green with corrosion took a good few goes with contact cleaner and an old 1/4" brush but its sorted been ok for over a year now

Back