Technical Doblo faulty ecu

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo faulty ecu

bas8897

Hi, I have a 2005 Doblo 1.9jtd, I bought it last year as an ex traxi with a broken timing belt, I put another engine in it and its run faultlessly for 27,000 miles untill a week last saturday when I came out to it and it wouldnt start. I assumed it was a faulty key as the padlock symbol wouldnt go out on the dash and engine and coil symbols didnt come on. I had someone out to it to do a diognostics and he said key and immobiliser unit were ok but not communicating with the ecu. So the ecu was taken away to be made free running, however when he refitted it to the car it still wouldnt start. He plugged his diognostic stuff back in and it says that the immobiliser is off now. However engine and coil symbols still dont come on on dashboard. Also when padlock symbol is on engine will turn over(but not start obviously) should this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions please as I am now being told I need a new ecu

Hi, I have a 2005 Doblo 1.9jtd, I bought it last year as an ex traxi with a broken timing belt, I put another engine in it and its run faultlessly for 27,000 miles untill a week last saturday when I came out to it and it wouldnt start. I assumed it was a faulty key as the padlock symbol wouldnt go out on the dash and engine and coil symbols didnt come on. I had someone out to it to do a diognostics and he said key and immobiliser unit were ok but not communicating with the ecu. So the ecu was taken away to be made free running, however when he refitted it to the car it still wouldnt start. He plugged his diognostic stuff back in and it says that the immobiliser is off now. However engine and coil symbols still dont come on on dashboard. Also when padlock symbol is on engine will turn over(but not start obviously) should this happen. Does anyone have any suggestions please as I am now being told I need a new ecu

Seems as though the attempted ECU repair has damaged the unit and I would be looking at the body computer more closely before anything else. I know its a bit late but a proper diagnosis should of prevented this mishap, is it too late to take to a dealer? If not check relevant supplies/earths to the ECU especially if ECU is located under scuttle panel where they can suffer from damp.

Only other option is to renew the ECU, body computer and ignition key (as a set) from a scrapped vehicle or from ebay.

• Thanks
Reactions: TD5
Back