Technical Doblo air conditioning wont turn off !!

Currently reading:
Technical Doblo air conditioning wont turn off !!

passar

Hi All!

Just joined the Doblo / Fiat clan so thought it appropriate I joined the forum to go with it! :slayer::slayer::slayer:

I have recently bought an 08 doblo and I cannot press in the fan button to turn off the air con.

I have seen in videos how to do it, but whatever setting I put on all the fans heater / positions etc it wont go in.

It seems that it is currently stuck in the on position as the led is on!

So it wont be good for the MPG lol (n)

Any ideas on fuses computers etc? or should I try to get another fan control unit instead?

Thanks all :)

Hi varesecrazy,

Thats what I had feared. At least it is not an ECU thing, I should be able to change it out myself :)

its a 2008 1.4 petrol dynamic high top.

If you think there is anything else to try just let me know!

Hi again,

I had looked a the 500 thread on the stuck AC Button, but that thread was about the digital control and not the manual one I have.

But it is good to know about the similar models! I have been with ford for 15 years so am more familiar with what can be swapped there...

I have stripped back the unit and found it to be one of these controllers:
FIAT 46722666
(i cant post links yet...)

It is difficult to get out it out much further, what about maybe trying some isopropyl alcohol down it ? or methylated spirts?

My thought was they might clean it / get it working, but might also damage the electrics?

Also, it still really feels like it is blocked, not stuck / clogged....

Hi again guys,

I have spent most of the day playing with this thing but no joy. cleaning, compressed air etc

I really don't care about the air conditioning, on the two days a year in England that it is useful, I am too cheap to use it !!

I really just want to turn it off...

If I just take the fuse out for the air conditioning compressor, will that do any harm in the long run?

will it still spin the belt for the compressor and cuase damage affect mpg or just disable whole system?

If the whole system is disabled I could just live with it forever like this?

I just really don't want to have to pay for a dashboard removal to get this button out for air con I wont use...

I have taken F19 fuse for Manual climate control compressor out and no ill's yet

There is also F31 Manual climate control enable control. but this fuse seems to also control the pump, heater and reversing light.

A huge thanks for any help on this!

Back